What's new

Some film shots

Tattoo one is great IMO.
The second one I don't like. It seems unbalanced, there is no connection from left to right and it's just a straight abrupt line dividing them. Looks almost like a photo sitting on top of another photo.
The third one looks great too, good pose, wardrobe, etc. My concern here is what's up with the rock she's holding? If she were obviously facing water (like in the foreground) then it might look like she was going to skip it which would be pretty cool. But here I would normally assume there is ground in front of her, so not that. And not paying attention to it, but still seems sort of important, so I am a little confused.
 
Tattoo one is great IMO.
The second one I don't like. It seems unbalanced, there is no connection from left to right and it's just a straight abrupt line dividing them. Looks almost like a photo sitting on top of another photo.
The third one looks great too, good pose, wardrobe, etc. My concern here is what's up with the rock she's holding? If she were obviously facing water (like in the foreground) then it might look like she was going to skip it which would be pretty cool. But here I would normally assume there is ground in front of her, so not that. And not paying attention to it, but still seems sort of important, so I am a little confused.

Haha she likes to collect rocks (you should see the inside of her purse!) and was just kneeling down to look at the ones on the ground. She picked that one up and was looking at it then a bird flew up from her left so she looked up and I snapped a pic.
 
Ah, heh. Well in that case a bit more planning of portraits might make more compelling storytelling, but if you don't have time or equipment on site for that, then it just is what it is. Also two things I forgot to mention, one good one critical:

1) I really like how you got the needle and the guy's eyes/face (or approaching them) in focus in the first image at the same time. That's awesome
2) The lighting on the girl's face is super harsh. Again, a planning thing / not relevant for a sunday walk with your friend snapping random candids. But if you were to actually set up a legit photoshoot to get really fantastic versions of the same images, you would want a nice big soft fill flash on her / reflectors / etc. to deal with that. Or even if you do a non-candid without any equipment, just saying "Oh hey hold that pose but twist this way" sort of thing so that the hair doesn't cast shadows on her face. Is something you can do even on that Sunday stroll (assuming it won't break a mood or annoy her)
 
Thanks!

Ill keep that in mind and I doubt she would care at all. Shes use to me moving her around and saying "do this, do that" for a photo haha
 
1) I really like how you got the needle and the guy's eyes/face (or approaching them) in focus in the first image at the same time. That's awesome

I agree... nice shot.
 
Nice! Which Mamiya ? I very nearly baught a ZE model once. Like all 3 though I found the DOF effect in 3 to be a little jagged?
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom