What's new

Some Fishing Boats...

Frequency

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Oct 17, 2010
Messages
8,864
Reaction score
683
Location
Calicut, Kerala,India
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello friends; these are some fishing boats; please let me know how do you feel ;)
(some are grainy :grumpy: )

1

5539482087_cf14ef3834_b.jpg


2

5539484161_4dc1b0f127_b.jpg


3

5540065300_ea7d864c68_b.jpg


4

5540062968_bb202c77ae_b.jpg


5

5539481473_5d4017bb0d_b.jpg


6

5540061226_eb879ddf1f_b.jpg


Regards :D
 
Is it scanned film or scanned prints again?
Or why are some this grainy? What film did you use?

Though I must say that Photo 5, with that black bird flying off from the mast (or so it seems) does have a certain something which makes me even LIKE the grain!
Some really nice colours here, mostly so in 3, I say. Photo 1 leans quite a bit on the green side, don't know why. The orange "Naizan" also looks good against the black background.

Photo 2 fascinates me for some reason. I'd normally say, I'm not all for such haze and white sky, but this - so I believe - is very much part of your country, in the far south where you are: hot and humid climate, thus a lot of haze ... and the colourful boats so stand out against all of this. It is the very same lake/area where you also took the photo that I post processed for you, isn't it?
 
I think the fast shutter (1/4000s ) led to the grains; in under exposed regions. I too felt in B&W image, grain has to do something, like giving an archival look. The other image you edited were from a very near location with similar geometry; the green tint in the first image was due to a non selective enhancement of green

Regards :D
 
I think I like #3 the best.
The waving of the palm trees gives it a nice look.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom