some flights and an owl

Raymond J Barlow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.raymondbarlow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Out with Canoncan this weekend, having fun shooting some ducks!!

1 Male Long Tail
DSC_2170613w.jpg

2 Male Red Head
DSC_2878639w.jpg

3 Male Pintail
DSC_3105643w.jpg

4 Male Mallard
DSC_3128645w.jpg

5 Female and Male Pintails
DSC_3146646w.jpg

and an Long-eared Owl on Tuesday...

DSC_3333649w-1.jpg

7 Hand held at 1/15 of a second

DSC_3370650w.jpg

thanks for looking!!

Amazing, as usual. I love the colors of the mallard in #4.

Wow! Absolutely stunning! What kind of lens do you have? It must have a big zoom.

(I can't help mentioning that you said "shooting ducks." very funny, whether or not it was intentional, I love it)

great shots, ray! i love the owls pics... and #3 makes me laugh - looks like he's being shot out of a cannon. I also love #5, perfect symmetry for comparing the male/female of the species... :thumbup:

Phenomenal shots! I'm partial to owls, and the shots of the long eared owl are wonderful...the composition in that first one, wow! [That's not to say I don't like the duck shots...they're incredibly detailed, crisp and well composed too.]

Very very nice. Yeah, what lense?

thanks everyone!

I use the 200-400VR for most of my bird shooting., and flight shots are not easy, but with practice, you can get them... The first trick is to get to a place that has lots of birds and activity., then a good lens with a fast focusing system, and then, get into the best possible position, considering the light and the backgrounds... When shooting, try to get the camera and the focusing sensor on the bird as early as possible, long before you fire the shutter., then follow it and watch your focus, make sure it is keeping up with the bird, then, when the bird is getting close to full frame, fire away!

hope this helps!

Most reactions

Back