Some Flowers.

Blaithin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Just a couple of flower photos I snapped this past summer. Feel free to let me know what you think and areas of improvement :)

1. Yellow flowers..dunno what they're called heh.
43221_1162011569.jpg

2. Wild Roses.
43221_1162012714.jpg

I know that the light in the roses isn't the greatest. Unfortunately it was a cloudy day.

There is more in the Wild Roses pic than is to be seen right now but editing this compressed photo brings about loads of artefacts ... OK, I admit I tried but won't post my attempts since the photos here are signed and not OTE actually, I was just curious to see if it is at all possible to add some more "punch" to the second. It is.

The first shows too many artefacts already. I would not touch that one. It is a bit "grey" ... i.e. too little contrasted, too, I think. You might want to play with your originals a bit more?

I agree with the LaFoto, you could easily kick it up a couple of notches on the roses. It is an interesting looking scene and you did a nice job on the composition.

You're getting there ... do you want to see what I did to your pic? (I would never post it unless you say it is ok for me to do so ... I know your photos were not even OTE = okay to edit, but I was to curious to see if there was more in in than meets the eye). I tried not to burn the sky section so much in my attempt.

Go right ahead. I love seeing what everyone here is able to do through editing. I've never been big at alterations since I like trying to get a natural look but I still love the results of edits.

"Natural look" can always be different from what the camera is able to capture, and when in reality things were brighter and more contrasted than the camera managed to get, what is wrong in getting back to what it really was like for your eyes? Or your EMOTION for that matter? The picture that your camera took is "the camera's picture", in its form it need not immediately be "your" picture. The camera is just ONE tool. The photographer, i.e. the one who "paints with light" is you. So what is wrong with post processing?

Well, but this is my edit, of course, and you have all the freedom to say "No-no-no, THIS is not MY photo! I saw things all differently".

Blaithin_WildRoses_myedit.jpg

That is a great change. It doesn't stay as true to the circumstances of when I took the photo, particularily the more pronounced illumination in the foreground, so it doesn't appear quite as satisfactory to me. To me photos are a concrete memory and considering it was really overcast that day that much illumination is a quirk in the memory. A lovely change nonetheless, however :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back