Some images taken in my front lawn

shaunly

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
All were taken with my new 35mm f/2. CC are welcome. =)

5082781976_541bf44fab_b.jpg

5082188379_8ff7349c68_b.jpg

5082188565_af673cb62e_b.jpg

5082781676_e3d11221e4_b.jpg

I definitely do not like the first 2. Was the first taken with a mirror lens? I do like the last 2.

I am intrigued by all of them as a set since they remind me of me. The 2 dandelions are easy subjects to compose and shoot since they don't fly away. And I don't think they were executed well at all. (Like I would do) The bugs like to fly away making them a much harder subject to get right yet they are very well done. (Again like I would do.)

Are you like me where I flop on the easy stuff but strive to conquer the harder stuff?

Okay I'm going to go ahead and disregard whatever the hell that guy just said, but the test shots are amazing. The bokeh on the first one is so sexy :p and the images are all so sharp. congrats on the new lens.

Was the first taken with a mirror lens? I do like the last 2.
The bokeh you are seeing in #1 is known as Hollywood bokeh.

Mirror lenses make donut shaped bokeh, and a mirror lens has never been made in a 35 mm focal length.
Mirror lenses are made so long focal lengths can be 'folded' to make a more compact lens. Virtually every mirror lens ever made has been based on the Schmidt-Cassegrain, or catadioptric design, which was invented for telescopes.

I definitely do not like the first 2. Was the first taken with a mirror lens? I do like the last 2.

I am intrigued by all of them as a set since they remind me of me. The 2 dandelions are easy subjects to compose and shoot since they don't fly away. And I don't think they were executed well at all. (Like I would do) The bugs like to fly away making them a much harder subject to get right yet they are very well done. (Again like I would do.)

Are you like me where I flop on the easy stuff but strive to conquer the harder stuff?

Okay I'm going to go ahead and disregard whatever the hell that guy just said, but the test shots are amazing. The bokeh on the first one is so sexy :p and the images are all so sharp. congrats on the new lens.
:lmao:

Great pics, but you need some 2,4,D for that lawn.

I'm not really sure what you mean here.

...the test shots are amazing. The bokeh on the first one is so sexy :p and the images are all so sharp. congrats on the new lens.

thanks!

Was the first taken with a mirror lens? I do like the last 2.
The bokeh you are seeing in #1 is known as Hollywood bokeh.

Mirror lenses make donut shaped bokeh, and a mirror lens has never been made in a 35 mm focal length.
Mirror lenses are made so long focal lengths can be 'folded' to make a more compact lens. Virtually every mirror lens ever made has been based on the Schmidt-Cassegrain, or catadioptric design, which was invented for telescopes.

This was exactly what I was thinking too.

Great pics, but you need some 2,4,D for that lawn.

I'm not sure what you mean by 2,4,D. Are you talking about DOF?

2-4-D is weed killer for lawns.:lmao:
I have an acre of grass and I haven't seen a single dandilion in a few years.

2,4-Dichlorophenoxyacetic acid (2,4-D) is a common systemic pesticide / herbicide used in the control of broadleaf weeds. It is the most widely used herbicide in the world, and the third most commonly used in North America.[1] 2,4-D is a synthetic auxin (plant hormone), and as such it is often used in laboratories for plant research and as a supplement in plant cell culture media such as MS medium.

No I'm not that smart! Copy/paste from wiki. :sexywink:

Ahhh.... IC. I never knew that. I guess I do need some. Thanks for the info! Learn something new everyday. =D

No prob! They are easy to get rid of. The easiest is to get some "Weed and Feed" at the closest Home Depot or somethink like.

The kind that screws on to the end of your hose is cheap and the easiest.

I like them, particularly the first two.
*I'd have composed the first slightly differently, to avoid the bright white spot in the bottom center, the generally brighter bottom right corner, and the second dandelion stem. I do really like the study of the single dandelion against the all-bokeh background!
*The only suggestion I have for #2 is to remove the color above the dandelion. Otherwise I really like it as is, and I think it would work well cropped in tighter to show just the puffball and stem.

For three and four I think I would have increased my depth of focus just a tad, so that the entire flower was in focus. The moth will still pop off the yellow flower, but then you'd be presenting more of a scene ("moth on flower") than simply an item ("moth"). I think I also would have composed #3 slightly differently - cutting right across the center of the second flower just isn't sitting right with me. (Nitpicking? Absolutely! I know it's difficult to work with a non-cooperating bug, and these are captured well for that.)

I liked them weed or not nice set of pics:)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back