jeffashman

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Had about a dozen Red Admirals fluttering about the Yaupon Holly, they are constantly on the move. And then this Blue Blowfly. Taken with the R7 and my Tamron 18-400mm, all at 400mm. I'm experimenting with fixed ISO of 1600 and f/13, 1/1000.

mar18202401 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

mar18202402 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

3 Blue Blowfly
mar18202403 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

Beautiful shots! When did you switch to mirrorless? I had a rough transition period with my R7, but now love it.

Beautiful shots! When did you switch to mirrorless? I had a rough transition period with my R7, but now love it.
Thanks! I switched over last Summer, and got an adapter so that I could continue to use my EF lenses. Yeah, it's been a learning curve for sure, but I will learn it. The biggest challenge has been moving to using the back panel, because the view-finder is just a tiny lcd screen, and it doesn't do a very good job. Focus has been the thing that has been giving me the most trouble.

Are you using AF tracking there Jeff?
On these I did. I usually have AI servo set, because I do a lot of birding, and they don't wait for me to change modes. As the camera says, "Tracking automatically adapts to subject movement." Subject tracking is set to animals, which works for people too... 😂 And eye detection, although I guess the flies have to many of them... 😁

@jeffashman how do you like the Tamron 18-400mm. I’m thinking that may be my next lense purchase. I found a used one locally but it ended up being for a Nikon Z mount and not for a Canon EF-S mount.

Beauty and the beast! Nice shots!

@jeffashman how do you like the Tamron 18-400mm. I’m thinking that may be my next lense purchase. I found a used one locally but it ended up being for a Nikon Z mount and not for a Canon EF-S mount.
I love it! It's lightweight, so very portable, and has a decent reach. I like my 600 for birding, but the Tamron is one I can take with me on vacation without to much issue. It's a dream on the 90D, and very good on the R7, although it doesn't focus as fast as it does on the 90D. Sometimes I wonder if C is playnig games, or it's just using an EF lens with the RF adapter on an RF camera. Probably more info than you wanted, but I like it and would buy it again if I had to. It is an EF lens, not EF-S. Check your camera against Tamron's compatibility chart here -> Compatible lens chart | Support | TAMRON

I love it! It's lightweight, so very portable, and has a decent reach. I like my 600 for birding, but the Tamron is one I can take with me on vacation without to much issue. It's a dream on the 90D, and very good on the R7, although it doesn't focus as fast as it does on the 90D. Sometimes I wonder if C is playnig games, or it's just using an EF lens with the RF adapter on an RF camera. Probably more info than you wanted, but I like it and would buy it again if I had to. It is an EF lens, not EF-S. Check your camera against Tamron's compatibility chart here -> Compatible lens chart | Support | TAMRON

I appreciate the feedback. Looks to be compatible with my T6i. I would tend to agree that the RF adapter has something to do with the focus speed.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back