Some kind of Flower?

Randog

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
As some of you probably already know I am not the flower type. I don’t have any kind of clue to what kind of flower this is or even if it is a flower? All I know is that it was there and I shot it! I don’t think it turned out too bad, maybe I should have stepped up one f/stop? Then again the shot may just suck I don't know let me know?

img3966200510016pz.jpg

Definitely a lily and a nice one at that. I like the compositon and the bokeh. The white balence might be a touch on the blue side, but that could be my monitor. Nice work.

yep. i believe its a tiger lily...nice shot!

I am voting on it being a Day Lily but I know nothing about plants.

Agreed on the great bokeh!

So a lily it is.
Beautiful flower.
Also my first thought was "good bokeh"! :)
Compositionwise I might have let the flowers look INTO the photo instead of OUT OF IT, but that is probably just me...

Great shot Randog. Love the DOF in this one.

i was thinking tiger lilies....but mine have spots...(so mine could be leopard lilies...)

this is cool...love the color....!

It's a Day Lily. I took a shot of one of these flowers & I thought it was good until I saw your picture :).

So I believe that it must be a Day Lily judging by your responses. Knopka you're too sweet I am sure your shot is great and probably better than mine. Thank you all for your kind words. :D

lovely shot, nice colour :thumbup:

I grow and hybridize these flowers.This is a daylily, or "hemerocallis".

nice job! (i love plants myself :D)

laura

So, it's a one word. Good to know ;), thank you. And, Mike, my picture is not even close to yours!

Gosh, I wanted you to be just a bit closer and let that flower blow me right off the screen. When you start to lose depth of field in the background, get as close as you can and keep everything about the flower in focus. It's tough to do, but then when you nail it, you have a very memorable image. I don't know much about the equipment you have, but if you can follow my suggestion, you will be surprised at the result. Nice work.

www.jefferyraymond.com

Most reactions

Back