Some long exposure fun

Shipman

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These are some of my recent long exposure shots, I havent posted on here in a little while and thought I would share. Any suggestions are welcome.

DSC_2322
by Michael Shipman Photography, on Flickr

DSC_2399

DSC_2447

DSC_2403

DSC_2507

DSC_2476

DSC_2181

DSC_2473

Very nice! I did get distracted looking at #3 trying to figure out "what is that thing in the water??". Looks like a junked bike or some other garbage in the middle of an otherwise beautiful setting.

Very nice! I did get distracted looking at #3 trying to figure out "what is that thing in the water??". Looks like a junked bike or some other garbage in the middle of an otherwise beautiful setting.
Thank you. I think that is most likely something that was floating in the water and since the shutter was open for a while it created a pattern.

Very nice, compositionally, these are all quite good. My only comment is that they look a bit dark, particularly #2, #4 and #6. I use #8 as an example of where the surroundings are more visible. If they were mine, I would try a bit of dodging on the others to reveal more of the details in the surroundings.

WesternGuy

Very nice, compositionally, these are all quite good. My only comment is that they look a bit dark, particularly #2, #4 and #6. I use #8 as an example of where the surroundings are more visible. If they were mine, I would try a bit of dodging on the others to reveal more of the details in the surroundings.

WesternGuy
Thank you. Most of my edits are a little dark so I understand what youre saying. Thank you for your advice.

Ok, here's my advice, I need you to come down to VA and show me how to do beautiful pics like these. Love them!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Loved these. The water in 2 looks a bit overcooked somehow but overall- a really compelling set.

Ok, here's my advice, I need you to come down to VA and show me how to do beautiful pics like these. Love them!

Lol no problem. Im not actually too far from VA so depending on where you are we could always get together and shoot. I appreciate the compliment.
Loved these. The water in 2 looks a bit overcooked somehow but overall- a really compelling set.
Thank you very much.

Lol no problem. Im not actually too far from VA so depending on where you are we could always get together and shoot. I appreciate the compliment.
Thank you very much.

I'm in SW VA myself, along I81 close to the Va/Tn line. If your ever in my area shooting I'd love to know.

I'm in SW VA myself, along I81 close to the Va/Tn line. If your ever in my area shooting I'd love to know.

Thats actually pretty far from me but if I am ever in that area Im sure we can get together.

Most reactions

Back