Some New Gear

thenikonguy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Found a guy online who was selling of some old gear (one of the reasons I went with nikon.. I can use old gear on the new bodies!)

Got the following from him (and they are working GREAT)

Nikon FG (film camera).. never know, I might give film a whirl
Nikon 50mm 1.8 E Series
Tamrom 70-210 3.8 (this is the main reason I bought the stuff)
Nikon SB-18 (not really that useful to me, as a have 3 great flashes
a few filters

Got it all for $50. I'm mostly excited about the Tamron.. but, it'll be nice to have a back up 50mm.. just incase..

Last edited:
nice pickup!

lol... your so not kidding!

it hurts when i think about it :(

just noticed your from Toronto.. do you use kijiji much? thats where I find so much of my gear! the only thing I've bought from a store was my D40.. everything else was Kijiji..

just noticed your from Toronto.. do you use kijiji much? thats where I find so much of my gear! the only thing I've bought from a store was my D40.. everything else was Kijiji..
thats where i've bought everything from ... including the camera.

sorry, thats a lie ... i bought the Sigma lens from eBay.

thats where i've bought everything from ... including the camera.

sorry, thats a lie ... i bought the Sigma lens from eBay.

it drives me crazy.. i search the darn thing many times every day.. just incase.. I was 20 mins late on getting a 10-20mm sigma for 300 bucks.. that really bummed me out.. but, I still love kijiji.. I even got my 2 backdrops off there.. for 40 bucks (20 bucks each) and they were brand new..

it drives me crazy.. i search the darn thing many times every day.. just incase.. I was 20 mins late on getting a 10-20mm sigma for 300 bucks.. that really bummed me out.. but, I still love kijiji.. I even got my 2 backdrops off there.. for 40 bucks (20 bucks each) and they were brand new..
best thing about kijiji is that you can post your stuff for free and people are good when you wanna pick up the item, located locally.

agreed! i have kijiji set up in my RSS Reader.. searching my town, and Nikon

Oh come on guys, our dollar isn't that bad... it used to be a lot worse and I'm pretty sure you two are old enough to remember it lol. I'm on kijiji all the time - never thought about looking for photography stuff.. hmmm...

Oh come on guys, our dollar isn't that bad... it used to be a lot worse and I'm pretty sure you two are old enough to remember it lol. I'm on kijiji all the time - never thought about looking for photography stuff.. hmmm...
yah its not that bad right but like the Canadian Weather our dollar is very unpredictable as well (meaning going downwards) :greenpbl:

Most reactions

Back