What's new

some new stuff

hmm...bout the only one that caught my attention was the street sign shot with the city of Oakland in the distance. I think this shot needs some more retouching/PP work. Brighten it up, add some selective coloring/burning and I think it will be an amazing photo.

The other shots just lack interest. So much great stuff to shoot in Oakland, you just have to get out and find it! :)
 
#2 has the most potential. Was this cropped? More specifically, was the sun cropped out? It would be interesting to see if it could be included in a recrop.

As Yellow Wagon wrote, the others seem to lack something of interest. In the first, for example, I think you spotted potential, but there just wasn't anything reflected (at least from that angle) that was interesting. It looks like the underside of a table, which isn't too interesting. Maybe next time you can circle the device from different angles to find something more interesting (if you didn't already), and not just take a photo from where you happened to be sitting.
 
Thanks for the comments.

I actually leave my photos untouched; I am not allowed to present photos in my class where I have used photoshop and I figure that it creates more of a challenge to get a better shot.

@YW: It is SF, not oakland, but whose counting ;P At some point I will be able to just cruise around the area and find great stuff to shoot, but life is busy and prevents me from doing so..

@brianfm: That photo is actually at night. lol. And no, it was not cropped, that is the original image scaled down. I intend on trying that style with the reflection off the ipod later. I was just playing around with it in my backyard, but hopefully in the future I will be able to shoot my friend skateboarding, and capturing it in the reflection.

Again, appreciate the comments!
 
sorry I probably should have realized it was SF with the clouds above the city that rolled it the night air
 
Do they allow you to shoot RAW and process global variables? Otherwise it's partially more of a judgement on the camera processing presets, than on your abilities.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom