Some night and water shots. Please C&C

TJ K

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok I have some shots for some C&C today.

3897981738_7434d7c19e_b.jpg

3897178229_9f9d61d7a3_b.jpg

3 (not sure if I like the star trail or not)
3897277521_e11b445d7d_b.jpg

3897245233_85811628ab_b.jpg

Fantastic shots!
Although the first two are a touch over saturised (if thats a word?!) for my tastes.
Having said that, I do love the first one tho....the setting looks too good to be true!
I'm not 100% sold on the star trails....its easy to just think there is a bit of motion wobble from the camera (which obviously we know there isn't) ....do you know what i mean?
The roads signs are great tho, got a real funky vibe.

Fantastic shots!
Although the first two are a touch over saturised (if thats a word?!) for my tastes.
Having said that, I do love the first one tho....the setting looks too good to be true!
I'm not 100% sold on the star trails....its easy to just think there is a bit of motion wobble from the camera (which obviously we know there isn't) ....do you know what i mean?
The roads signs are great tho, got a real funky vibe.
Thanks! Ya they are a bit over saturated and the star ones actually may have some wobble because i didn't have my remote so i had to hold the shutter down for the entire shot on bulb for about 3 or 4 minutes so there has to be shake. I will use my remote next time and compare. Thanks a lot though for the comments.

The color in the first two is way over saturated. The first shot might be quite nice, if the colors were normal. The second shot doesn't really do anything for me. Perhaps if you had shot from a lower perspective or at more of an angle it would add more interest to the image. Another thought would be less foreground.

The star trils image looks kind of like a blurred mess to me....sorry to be quite so blunt, but thats all I can think to say about it.

The last shot might have been more interesting had you shot it vertically to show more of the pole.

Ya the first is def. over saturated but I was just curious I have a few versions and just uploaded that one and ya the star trails is blurred from my hand on the shutter.

Dagwood 56 gave an honest critique and I was pretty much on that wavelength.

In #1 I think you did good with the composition. The saturation you know about. Looks like some sharpening things going on too.

The horizon in the center of photo #2 robs a lot of interest. The leading line created by the road curving in the distance is a strong element that you could have exploited more by having less sky in the image.

In #3 you knew going in it would have issues.

#4. The only thing I would add is the powerlines in the last photo tend to draw the eye out the side of the photo.

The colors in the sky of #4 are lovely. :thumbup:

Quickie but i think this is much better.
3898045219_e16034eb44_b.jpg

I think the Falls look much better unsaturated. Good job!

Most reactions

Back