::.Some Of My New Portrait Work::. Feedback Apprecited

#4 is great. did you have a star-type filter on your lens? 14pt?

Would you mind posting your basic setup when shooting portraits like these? I love your work.

Cool did you get carol brady's autograph while you took her picture?

More of the same. Over the top vignette. Uninspired posing. Heavy handed processing. Horizontalitis.

Art is subjective, and none of these shots do a thing for me.

You arent going to say anything about landscape orientation Derrel? Come on!

1,7,and 8 all kick ass. Justin Bieber--my eight year-old son would be impressed...he likes Justin's videos an awful lot. I'm not really fond of the shot; he's visually too far to the left of the frame, like he's falling out of the shot. To me, the first photo has just awesome lighting, and I like the strength of the very simple composition, even with the pole with the small "x" on it growing out of his head...it just appeals to me, that shot!

1,7,and 8 all kick ass. Justin Bieber--my eight year-old son would be impressed...he likes Justin's videos an awful lot.
You poor poor man

More of the same. Over the top vignette. Uninspired posing. Heavy handed processing. Horizontalitis.

Art is subjective, and none of these shots do a thing for me.

Even Bieber's hair?

thank you for all the feedback once again!!

I use a canon 5d mark II and shot all these portraits with a 24-70mm L Series lens and just a 580ex flash with no filters.

Ive been working with hip hop artists for about 3 years now I got in with myspace 3 years ago I marketed myself well and got picked up by DJ Ill WiLL a well known mixtape dj in the industry.

My best friend is a music video director Alex Nazari so I go on all his sets and shoot as well, I just shot Chris Brown 2 days ago.

I use the vignette because of my dark style of photography its just how I like my photos but I switch it up as well.

Justin Bieber is a pretty cool kid and very talented! I respect his hard work and talents. Kid can play 3 instruments very well and sing.

Juelz Santana (I think)??? Ray J??? Justin Bieber??? Ha!! Keep dreaming buddy....

And is that Tyga? This is funny!

Last edited:
Juelz Santana??? Ray J??? Justin Bieber??? Ha!! Keep dreaming buddy....And is that Tyga? Lolz you are funny!
Are you saying OP is a fraud?
I don't know! :p
Whoever produced these photos is really good. I just find it hard to believe that whoever took these would post them in an online forum for feedback....especially posting them in a beginners section.

SabrinaO said:
I don't know! :p
Whoever produced these photos is really good. I just find it hard to believe that whoever took these would post them in an online forum for feedback....especially posting them in a beginners section.

Maybe he roams around the forum looking for talent? Idk. It does seem a bit odd but what would he get out of being a fraud? He has a solid story too. Idk.

I really enjoy his work none the less! :)

This thread is hilarious.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back