Some of my newbie photography (C&C Welcome)

Don't worry so much about the camera - that is only the tool, you are the creator - use what you have to the limits and get better tools when you can.

Your images are nicely done #2 I like

I really like #2. Great light and capture of the dark clouds. On #1 just watch how you crop. You chopped off her fingers. A little more light on her eyes would be nice. For #3, most people can't stand selective coloring. I'm not a fan either this one actually doesn't bother me much. I've seen worse. I'm not sure it really does anything for the picture though. The heavy vignetting I think could be lightened also. Overall though I don't think you're doing bad for a beginner.

Don't worry so much about the camera - that is only the tool, you are the creator - use what you have to the limits and get better tools when you can.

Thank you!

At times I do get a bit discouraged because of the camera, though. There are so many techniques I would love to try... I just keep telling myself it could be worse, at least I have my camera. =)

I really like #2. Great light and capture of the dark clouds. On #1 just watch how you crop. You chopped off her fingers. A little more light on her eyes would be nice. For #3, most people can't stand selective coloring. I'm not a fan either this one actually doesn't bother me much. I've seen worse. I'm not sure it really does anything for the picture though. The heavy vignetting I think could be lightened also. Overall though I don't think you're doing bad for a beginner.

Thank you, I will keep all of that in mind. =)

Why would you give her false information? The most important thing in photography is the CAMERA!!! Why do you think all the pros used expensive cameras?

I kid...you're doing a good job so far. A DSLR will give you more flexibility to create shots you can't with a P&S but you can take great photos with P&S. At least you're learning and practicing. Some people who have DSLR for months or years and still can't fully grasp the concepts of photography. Anybody can pick up a camera and snap a photo, composition is the most important aspect of photography. If you learn to compose like others, one day you will adjust and make it your own, that's why I think photography is a beautiful art. You never stop learning, even pros will learn a new thing or two once in awhile.

Anyways I like #2, I like the feel of the photo with the dark cloud. @Malone, lol Vampire basketball movie?

Thanks for all of the replies!

So, any advice on how to take my photography to the next level? I want to make my way out of the "beginner" category. =)

Number 2 is pretty good composition-ally...in my opinion anyway...and like I always say, opinions are like vampires, some suck, some are cool but all of them will kill you if you let them...

Most reactions

Back