Some old Washington DC pictures from my NYLF trip...(7 images)

David A

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well, while I was up at the National Youth Leadership Forum on Law, they allowed us to walk around the city for a day by ourselves just to get a feel as to what it would be like if you were to live in DC. Anyway, of course I took advantage of it and brought along the trusty Fuji S5000...Here are some of the results...alot of them are simple and centered in the frame...sorry. :confused:

As always, any and ALL feedback is welcomed and encouraged. Thanks everyone. :D

darin3200 said:
I think all the pictures are good.
However, #5 is amazing :)
It has a such a steet photography feel

Thanks...(That's my personal favorite.) :mrgreen:

stunning captures David. what a sight for soar eyes! well done.

JonMikal said:
stunning captures David. what a sight for soar eyes! well done.

As always, thank you... :D

(Thanks for giving me the motivation to grab up the old high-res and frame them. I'm happy with how they came out. I owe you one. :thumbup: )

heya! neat work cesium :thumbsup:
you have some stunning captures in here
the silhouette in #5 teamed with the man with the umbrella.. give it a certain mood to it.. well almost a story! really like this one :) nice expanse in the sky
#7 is pretty cool too.. but hey.. all of them are... :)
nice work..

Great shots. I really like all of them, but my favorite is #7. The colors are very soothing and you used the available lighting well. You have a good eye for composition. I wish I had started at your age. Good job

Thanks Mansi, thanks Ben...

(Good luck with your weekend Ben...drive safely) :thumbup:

In neither of these, the central focus bothers me in the least!
I think if works really fine in all of them (those, where it happens, that is).
In all of them there is something that leads the eye right there (save the last two), and I like that.

And the subtlety which which we are lead towards that Column in the background of Photo 5 is amazing. And you are dealing so well with the bad weather situation, too! Very atmospheric!
Yes, I, too, like this one best of the entire series.

Have to agree...number 5 is really a special shot. It really says 'captured moment'. Very fleeting in time.
all very nice shots..thanks for posting them. :D

Randog said:
Outstanding work David, I love them all!

Thanks man...I need to talk to you about the 20D :mrgreen: ...*David starts salivating* :hail:

Most reactions

Back