Some Paint Bullet Wars

Competitive paintball has been around for quite a while now, its nothing that new and its veryy high up there on the list for number of participants for an extreme sport. The attraction is everything about it really. It takes a lot of thinking and requires intense physical ability. Im not too big of a fan on the recreational side of it with forests and trenches but theres a lot of people into that, it gives them the feeling of battle without actually having to be in it.

Competitive paintball has been around for quite a while now, its nothing that new and its veryy high up there on the list for number of participants for an extreme sport. The attraction is everything about it really. It takes a lot of thinking and requires intense physical ability. Im not too big of a fan on the recreational side of it with forests and trenches but theres a lot of people into that, it gives them the feeling of battle without actually having to be in it.

Thank you. I was aware of the forest type camps for paintball, but I was not aware of the advanced competative stage of the sport. I have a friend who dabbled in this and used to talk about contests and such. I must be living in a cave.:wink: I did not know that it had advanced to the point of having teams and leagues.

The shots by Dan are really good in that they show the competitiveness of the sport and the interesting gear that is used. Shots 4 & 5 especially are excellent.

ya the sport has come a longggg way since the day it was just kids in the forest playing capture the flag. There is pro, semi pro, and multiple divisions of teams. the pro teams win large cash prizes for winning (i believe its $50k for nppl?)

Yes, $50k for pro nppl is correct, although it's still really tough for a pro player to make a living off the sport unless they work for one of the companies within the industry.

Here's one I took of Avalanche during prelims yesterday. They went on to beat San Diego Aftermath today for first place in the open division.

psp1qd8.jpg

Those are some great pics.

Do you have to wear goggles if you're shooting inside the field? I'm assuming you do but I imagine that can be hard to frame a shot while wearing a mask.

and how is avalanche doing this year anyway, it's been a couple years since i've kept up with NPPL. It is a great (but expensive) sport.

Yes, you still have to wear goggles on the field if you are not playing. I find that the goggles with a flatter lens (jt flex, vents) work much better than those with a more bubbled lens (vforce and dye goggles). I can see roughly 80% of the viewfinder with my proflex and only about 50% with a profiler.

Avalanche is doing fairly well in both leagues this year. They just won the PSP River City Open, the event I was shooting. They didn't fair so well in Boston, but all the other events they've done really good (top 4).

Big edit: Here are some more from RCO.
p8047971oj6.jpg

p8047976mz8.jpg

p8047997jy2.jpg

p8048050dv8.jpg

p8048301ho5.jpg

p8050131dk3.jpg

p8050191zj3.jpg

p8036744xi0.jpg

p8036815pi0.jpg

10 (of course I have to toss one of Gary in, paintballphotography.com)
p8036919eg1.jpg

Blah, one more. This is a pic of Ollie Lang, supposedly the best player in the world. He makes $100,000 a year just to shoot people.

p8037435zx5.jpg

Ollie and I (Huntington Beach in 05 I think ... the Dynasty days..)

P1020805.jpg

bwaha, i'm wearing an XSV shirt and he still took the photo with me.

Nice. Somebody had the ironmen sign their shirt at RCO, they crossed out whatever company logo was on it (draxxus I think) and wrote DYE lol.

So I was looking for a couple shots in particular that I wanted to post...and ended up with a buttload that I liked.

p8048368if9.jpg

p8048383da7.jpg

p8048472cp4.jpg

p8048873tz2.jpg

p8050496uh3.jpg

p8050652sx2.jpg

p8059337uw9.jpg

p8059461vl1.jpg

p8059510kl2.jpg

p8059546lt6.jpg

p8059638dc5.jpg

p8059647bb1.jpg