Some Photo's I've Taken

Zach 428

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all, my name is Zach, and i'm almost 15 years old. I have recently developed a huge passion for photography, and i'm always looking for tips/critiques. Here are some photo's ive taken so far with my Sony DSC-H5, i'm upgrading within the next few days to a Rebel XT or a 30D since I take so many action shots. From what i've read on here the 30D is alot better then the rebel for action situations. Well, enough babble, here's the pics.

62106fotog080hb0.jpg

62106fotog101mm4.jpg

4sx5.jpg

2kc6.jpg

1da6.jpg

5lg2.jpg

flyam6.jpg

halperzj7.jpg

billylaninovich1at2.jpg

I have ALOT more good ones, but I didn't want to post too many at once. Comments please!

i love the dragon fly! that one came out prefect.:thumbup: and the last 2 are good too. i would have like the close up to have the rest of his helmet though. you may need to move back a bit on the flower shots and try not to cut off the tips of the tall ones. the color and focus looks good, but i think you are too tight on the subjects. but then i tend to leave too much empty space. :lmao: sorry. but you are cutting flowers off and it doesnt do anything for the shots.

Hi Zach and welcome to ThePhotoForum.
I went into your thread and edited spaces and numbers between your pics, for it is hard for the viewer to view photos that "run one into the other", plus it is difficult for the viewer to say which one he likes best or not so much because of this or that when they have to scroll back up and count through them over and again. With about 5 pics or more in one thread it is always advisable to number them. OK?

That done and said, let me say that I like what I see, most of all the action shots of the sandtrack race and the close-up on the dragon fly.

Your flower pics and also the first of the bank of the lake seem to be a bit overexposed to me, the detail in the two rocks in the first is all lost, they are "blown out" (as I learned on here is being said about things all white from overexposure). And the flower pics could do with a work-over in composition, too, so the blossoms you capture are not so centred in your frame.

Once you get your DSLR, you might want to learn how to use it manually really quickly, so you can then set out to DELIBERATELY underexpose your photos a bit, that will help you capture more detail and bring out the colours more.

The Dragon fly is a stunning shot!!! You have got excellent detail in the wings and I think the crop is spot on.

You have a good eye for action shots with the 2 moto x shots. I personnaly think losing the top of the helmet in #8 is the right idea as this then focuses on the riders eyes which is what you want as it tells the whole story.

The comp in #9 is good you have got all the action. The one thing with this sort of shot you need to use a slower shutter speed to make the spokes and the wheels blurred and give the bike the effect of motion. Too fast and they look like they are stood still posing for you.
If its not already too late get the 30D as this is alot better for action shots than the Rebel, although the Rebel is a very good camera, I used the 20D for this kind of work, until I got a 1D mark2, with great success. You'll find most sport phtogoraphers use the 30D and not the Rebel.

Welcome and thanks for sharing lets see some more.

The dragon fly is outstanding........i've tried several time to catch one without much luck.

The world need young guys/gals like you, full of engery and imagination. Find the camera you feel comfortabel with and shoot, shoot, shoot.

Show us more of you work, please.

Great series. Wow...good eye, ZAch. Really diggin the dragonfly.
Welcome to the forum.

Thank you all for the advice and compliments, I really appriciate it. I have decided on the 30D, btw.

the first two pictures were kinda boring. i really liked the dragonfly and the first motocross picture though. I think the second motocross picture would look better with tighter framing. theres too much excess space on the left. just my opinion though. overall, pretty nice.

Yes so maybe your flower pictures need a little work but I think for not even being 15 and recently getting into photography, you are doing great. I really really like the dragonfly picture. Get out there and shoot, practice makes perfect.

The first six don't really do it for me, but the last 3 are cool, the dragonfly pic is awesome, in the first motocross one, i would've preffered more of the helmet in, but that's just my fussy personal preference ;-), i'm loving the action shots here. ;-)

Hey another fellow 15 year old
well almost for you haha
the first six don't do much for me like JJP said
but i really like the dragonfly like everyone else apparently

great shots

I think the first 2 shots are just lacking of interesting subjects.

Out of the flower shots I like 6 the best. The other flower shots are to busy. But the yellow flower could be sharper.

The last 3 shots are great. I think you cropped shot 8 just right.

Most reactions

Back