Some pics from my Alaska trip (lots, could be slow)

surfingfireman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I haven't posted a pic on here in ages, but I guess I am sort of back. I was in Alaska back in June and here some of the pics I liked.

278022278105_0_ALB.jpg

254622278105_0_ALB.jpg

238022278105_0_ALB.jpg

434622278105_0_ALB.jpg

744622278105_0_ALB.jpg

548022278105_0_ALB.jpg

Good pictures, sure wish they were bigger though, it hard to see any detail at that size. Where did you to get the grizzly shot? I have been after bear, black and grizzly since I have owned my first camera. I was on the Tusequah river with the highest per captial grizzley bear population and ya think I could find one :roll:

Nice pics, I hope to travel to Alaska some day.
Love the last two, and the POV of the first.
Thanks for sharing.

Cruzin,

The picture of the bear with cubs was on the Russian River. It flows into the Kenai River just west of Cooper's Landing on the Kenai Peninsula. I had been fishing further downstream when someone told me grizzlies are aften seen at the falls upstream. I arrived at the falls to see there were viewing platforms that look down to the pools below the falls. I looked over the side to see if anything was there but all I could see were the millions of salmon in the river. I looked away for about 5 seconds to take off my big packback and when I looked up, there were 4 bears standing there. I had enough time to rifle through my camera bag, grab my camera and fire off 3 shots on whatever settings it was on, and all the bears were gone into the woods with a fresh salmon in mamma bear's mouth. I was lucky enough to see more grizzlies in Denali National Park a couple days later.

Most reactions

Back