Some pics with my D90

lance70

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi, wanted to share some pics with my D90, just bought this late last year and really enjoying it.

4-21-09Max1024x768.jpg

4-21-09Dee61024x768.jpg

4-21-09Dee121024x768.jpg

4-21-09Dee11024x768.jpg

4-21-09Zeus1024x768.jpg

3-7-09Banshee11024x768.jpg

1-31-09TJ61024x768.jpg

interesting subjects and some good composition but sadly they are all, except the cougar maybe, out of focus or the focus is in a wrong position like the nose of the tiger. since it was bright outside you should have stopped down the lens so as to get more in focus. what lens/lenses are you using :d

I like the Puma, too bad it has that mesh bag or whatever to the side of it.

I was going to say, these mostly look out of focus.

You could also use a little sharpening and a bump in saturation. You can do this in camera if you don't have tools like Photoshop or Lightroom for post production.

Thanks, yeah I'm still learning and trying not to use the auto setting on the camera that does everything for you and I of course didn't pick the right focus option lol, turns out I had it on the single point focus for most of the pictures and a few of them were in motion so made it even worse. I just bought the D90 for dummies book so that should help me a lot :) I get confused on how to set the focus options as you can see.

Single point focus is fine, if you put that point on what you want to focus.

Most cameras I believe focus on the half shutter press (unless you can and do change it in the options). You put the focus point on the point you want to focus (eyes for example here), focus by pushing the shutter button halfway, then recompose to take the shot.

Single point focus is fine, if you put that point on what you want to focus.

Most cameras I believe focus on the half shutter press (unless you can and do change it in the options). You put the focus point on the point you want to focus (eyes for example here), focus by pushing the shutter button halfway, then recompose to take the shot.

Thanks! so on these type of pictures would you use single point focus or what would you use? should the entire picture of the tiger be in focus and everything else out of focus? Would I use the AF-A option? Thanks for the help.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back