Corry

Flirtacious and Bodacious
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
corryttc.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I recently got a Canon AE-1 Program camera off of ebay! This is my first SLR camera, and so far I am having a blast learning how to use it. Learning it is just a bit tough, though, as I do not have a manual, but I'm finding some good info on the net. I've already taken several rolls of film with it, but only gotten a few shots that I actually like. Thought I'd send them along....

339%3B932723232%7Ffp54%3Dot%3E232%3B%3D%3A3%3C%3D527%3DXROQDF%3E23234%3B45285%3B5ot1lsi

This one didn't scan too well...in the original you can kinda see beams of light going up...
339%3B932723232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E232%3B%3D%3A3%3C%3D527%3DXROQDF%3E23234%3B45285%3B%3Aot1lsi

339%3B932723232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E232%3B%3D%3A3%3C%3D527%3DXROQDF%3E23234%3B452%3A982ot1lsi

339%3B932723232%7Ffp54%3Dot%3E232%3B%3D%3A3%3C%3D527%3DXROQDF%3E23234%3B4533879ot1lsi

Let me know what you think!

congrats on the SLR matie,

nice first shots from it, can't go wrong with sunsets. The colours look awesome on those, especially the blood orange colour in the top foto. I wish i could see the sunbeam you were describing..

for me, the barn is a bit more intrigueing... it looks like the colours are bit washed out, especially the sky, its hard to differentiat the roof of the barn from the rest of the sky, but the composition is good. I love old barns and that second shot looks awesome.

The composition for the last is A1 in my book, the horizon is a bit off center but it works fantastically here because its adds to the delapidated feel to the place. I love the fallen doors on the barn. Just wish the colours were more saturated and the sky wasn't so 'blown out'. It could be from your scan.

Anyways mate, I think you've got some good pics from this camera and I can't wait to see more stuff :thumbsup:

I realized the roof and the sky are almost the same color, and that is the one major thing I didn't like myself. I plan on going back and taking more pictures on a nicer day, probably closer to sunset. I love the lighting that time of day. Also...If I'm gonna go at that time of day, then I'll probably wait for a day my boyfriend can go with me....I may be all grown up, but I heard soooo many ghost stories about this barn and the area around it when I was a kid, it still gives me the heebie-jeebies! There is also a really creapy cemetary very nearby!I guess this was also part of the reason I was intrigued to photograph it.

Hey core... I'm jealous that you're getting skies like that.... lately I've been hoping to catch a nice sunset - and I'm coming up with nothin'.....:(

anyway I like the barn shots and am looking forward to seeing you're retakes - I agree a contrasting sky would do wonders.... b/w might even be interesting...

good luck with the AE-1...

The first barn shot is my favorite. Don't you think that it would look really cool in B&W? I am surprised that Dew, the queen of B&W, didn't suggest it. :cry: :lol:

I've used a very similar Canon A-1 for many years. My first SLR was the AE-1. These are very rugged cameras, and the FD lenses produce much sharper results than all of the newer, autofocus SLR systems I've tried.
Nice Photos!

Don't you just love the feeling of learning a new camera and the excitement of learning new things? I have been thinking about getting a used AE-1 or other MF camera just because there are so many used FD Canon lenses around here and so few used EF lenses for my EOS.

Your pictures are pretty good, I really like the barn. It looks like the horizon is tilted in all of the pictures. Maybe your natural stance causes you to hold the camera a little tilted. Try to check the horizon when you are composing the picture and decide of you want it straight, if so, try to get it as level as possible.

If you don't have one already, a tripod is always a really good accessory to have.

you know, i was just thinking that barn and its colours look like an andrew wyeth painting - are you familar with his work? He tends to paint based on muted light, like on overcast days. I love his work - and this photo actually reminds me of that now :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back