What's new

Some pictures I took tonight.

photoman720

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 28, 2007
Messages
82
Reaction score
0
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit










Please critique. Be very harsh, I should have closed the aperature more on the first one. Thanks!
 
By "opening the aperture more" on the first one - what did you want to happen?

I would've thought you wanted it stopped down (ie: smaller hole) to get more of the tower in focus.


Also the only real problem with these photos is lighting. Pay more attention to where the sun is, and at what angle it's hitting the object and you'll get much nicer photos.

If you want a bit more of a critique - head on over to one of the critique forums here - they'll help you out there.
 
By "opening the aperture more" on the first one - what did you want to happen?

I would've thought you wanted it stopped down (ie: smaller hole) to get more of the tower in focus.


Also the only real problem with these photos is lighting. Pay more attention to where the sun is, and at what angle it's hitting the object and you'll get much nicer photos.

If you want a bit more of a critique - head on over to one of the critique forums here - they'll help you out there.
Thanks. I meant to say slow it down a couple of stops. Its late here. The lighting was tough when i took these. I think the only one where lighting is a problem is on #2 where all the detail is lost in the front.
 
It might just be the engineer in me, but number 2 looks like a very structural photo and very symmetrical object. I would have like this much more if it were perfectly straight.
 
more contrast. photos look flat and kind of lacking interest. i agree with the above comment. the second photo should be straighter..and don't get me started with flower photos...your composition is a lot better than most people though. at least you're thinking about where you want the subjects placed. and if your photos aren't good then you're not close enough. move in closer or get a longer lens. more detail, more contrast, and lose the typical flower shots. go out there and develop the eye!
 
What's wrong with flower shots - ESPECIALLY if thats what he wants to take shots of? It's a great way to practice, and I've seen some fantastic ones - sheesh.
 
Your thread got moved to the General Gallery, since The Beginners' Place is more designed to be a Q&A forum, whereas the galleries are ... well: galleries where to show one's pics. OK?
 
Thanks everyone. The flower was just a random shot when I got home. I will got back sometime and re-shoot when the sun isnt at a horrible angle.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom