Some pointers about my photo's please

IMG_1389.jpg
IMG_1389.jpg

nothing too crazy... just adjusted the tone curve, added a little sharpening, and healed out the shiny bits.

Heehee Roberto is spot on. Just a little contrast and sharpening. I use Photoshop Elements and it seems to do everything I need it to. I remember when I first started editing I couldn't believe the difference either! It's that last little bit that really makes a photo go from good to great!

They are very precious. I know you said that your monitor is fine but there are a couple at least that are out of focus. The two boys laying in the grass and the little girl with the pinkish shirt are both out of focus. I also agree with bigtwinky as they are all quite bright and need more contrast. With some tweaking they will be perfect. The out of focus ones are gonna be almost impossible to fix but the rest just need minor tweaking and your good!

Nice! Again really brings out the eyes! And solves the blending into the background problem!

they actually look much more in focus than I had thought... I think they were just so flat that you couldn't tell. Also, the sharpening helped a lot.

I agree that they look flat! Can't tell until you see the edited version! Thanks for the great tips!

Well nothing at the moment! I'll give it ago, especially seeing as it's free! So what can you do with it?

Again, thanks for the tip! I'll give it a go tomorrow when I'm by my pc! On my phone at the mo!

Thanks everybody for your input! I'm very glad I joined tpf!

I was brought up to believe that you use a dark background with light-skinned models and a light background with dark-skinned models.

Maybe I'll buy a dark background too then! Give it a go! By the way, if anyone has anymore ideas, edit my photos to your hearts content!

just needed a break from my editing so took a jab at your shots. I was looking for some color and clarity so here goes:

3844994036_1d3ee1b114_o.jpg

3844995044_743c049749_o.jpg

Certainly jumps out at you more. I've got some work to do then! Edit all my photo's on my website! Thanks guys and gals! You've all been really helpful.

Most reactions

Back