Some pro advise please

photographyfanatic

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.thephotographyfanatic.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I took some pictures on a film shoot and of a live band for practice and experience. The artist wants to use them. I am unsure how to present them. Should I give I cd of all high res. shots, with or without watermark? They most likely will be used on the web, maybe for promotional print material. There is around 100 photos, so to watermark each one would be painstaking. I was going to watermark one low res set for the web and then give an unmarked high res set for possible printed materials, but man that would take forvever. This is not a paid job, just credit, exposure and experience. I now am thinking just one cd of unmarked high res and have them credit me on the site. What do you think? Any advice?

I took some pictures on a film shoot and of a live band for practice and experience. The artist wants to use them. I am unsure how to present them. Should I give I cd of all high res. shots, with or without watermark? They most likely will be used on the web, maybe for promotional print material. There is around 100 photos, so to watermark each one would be painstaking. I was going to watermark one low res set for the web and then give an unmarked high res set for possible printed materials, but man that would take forvever. This is not a paid job, just credit, exposure and experience. I now am thinking just one cd of unmarked high res and have them credit me on the site. What do you think? Any advice?

Jennifer:

Why isn't this a paid job? Is that an agreement you made up front... because if the artist wants to use them, I would think you should be paid.

WEll it started out as something I was doing for experience. So for this one time and THIS ONE TIME ONLY I am not charging. JUst doing it for credit. I am practicing with them and getting some exposure. Everyone after this artist is charged. BTW, if a third party would ask the artist to use the photos, they still have to get my permission and pay for usage. Anyway, what about my original question.

unprofessional opinion here: If you are giving the shots away to gain exposure to the market then limit the number of shots to ten or so of the best. if you give away all 100 then potential customers might see only the worst depending on what happens down the line. I know if i took 100 shots at an event like this i would have no trouble tossing 50-75 of them in the garbage.

be critical and trim the batch down and commit to only showing your best.

be clear and write an agreement about when/where they can use for free and where/when you expect to get paid.

BTW there is a freebie call photofiltre that can do batch processing to add watermarks quickly. simply create your watermark and save, then do a batch process to place it on every photo in the folder. you might have to run two batches one for verticle format and one for horizontal.

good luck
jerry

unprofessional opinion here: If you are giving the shots away to gain exposure to the market then limit the number of shots to ten or so of the best. if you give away all 100 then potential customers might see only the worst depending on what happens down the line. I know if i took 100 shots at an event like this i would have no trouble tossing 50-75 of them in the garbage.

be critical and trim the batch down and commit to only showing your best.

be clear and write an agreement about when/where they can use for free and where/when you expect to get paid.

BTW there is a freebie call photofiltre that can do batch processing to add watermarks quickly. simply create your watermark and save, then do a batch process to place it on every photo in the folder. you might have to run two batches one for verticle format and one for horizontal.

good luck
jerry
Some of the best batch watermarking software on the planet right now. And it's free...... www.faststone.org/

I think if they want to use them for self promotion purposes then you should charge them a usage fee.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back