Some query on product photography

jimmykoli12

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all,

I am a complete beginner in product photography. I have the following gear, Canon 1200D and a 18-55mm lens. I am using the P200 Photo Studio in a box to take some photographs. The below is the result I am getting. Which is not that great as per my view. So how can i take my product photography to the next level please suggest.

Attachments

• IMAEHRVBBK9VGKQF.jpg
    IMAEHRVBBK9VGKQF.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 248
  • IMAEHRVAFHTD5RVY.jpg
    IMAEHRVAFHTD5RVY.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 275
  • IMAEHRVAQCXNQ5YF.jpg
    IMAEHRVAQCXNQ5YF.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 255
The front looks dark. I think it would help if your light source was more toward the front of your subject.

The key is lighting. In my opinion almost all of those 'light-tent' style continuous light set-ups yield sub-par results. The best way to do this is to make a small investment in proper gear; 2-3 inexpensive speedlights, small softboxes, stands, triggers, etc and a roll of white seamless paper. BUT... before you do that, buy, read, and re-read the lighting bible so that you understand better how light works and what you can and cannot do with it.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Hi here are some sample images.

Sorry, unfortunately TPF does not allow the posting of images to which you do not hold rights.

They're tossing them into the air during a nuclear flash during a snowstorm.

Either that or cloning out the shadows in post-capture editing.

They're tossing them into the air during a nuclear flash during a snowstorm.

Either that or cloning out the shadows in post-capture editing.

Do you mean to say cutting out the shadows with the help of pen tool. Which I think is a very laborious work to do.

Do you mean to say cutting out the shadows with the help of pen tool. Which I think is a very laborious work to do.

well, that's what they are doing in the pics you linked...

the WB on your shots look REALLY off.

well, that's what they are doing in the pics you linked...

the WB on your shots look REALLY off.

So how do think can I improve my photography quality. Since I am going to use this photography to sell my products on a marketplace. I know it is a slow process but I will have to start somewhere with the tools that I have.

The shadows being gone is not the thing that will make the sale.

Light your product properly, and make sure the white balance is correct.

I had set the white balance to auto.

Most reactions

Back