Some questions about headshot sessions

MHB

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Im interested in corporate, author, attorney, musician, etc headshots. Im not asking "how much should I charge" or "how do I do this", Im just wondering how others go about a headshot session so I can figure out what works for me. Any answers or other input is greatly appreciated!

Do you charge by the hour/day/half day?

What are your opinions about charging per image for a single executive? (considering they need far less photos than a model, actor, etc)

How do you go about shooting multiple executives/realtors?

About how many paid shoots do you do in a years time?

I bill headshots as a specific session. "Business portraits" as I prefer to call them are typically a <30 minute job, and the session fee includes one or two digital files. I've never actually had a multiple-client business portrait session, but I would simply pro-rate the fee at probably $175 + $25-50/person, depending on the size and nature of the group, and how much post-processing was anticipated. I generally meet the client where it's convenient for them, set up against a blank wall, shoot the session, get paid and get out.

I have a minimum session time and minimum fee. They can have an individual discount by booking more people in a session. Corporate headshots are completely different from musician headshots.
Realtors are cheap as hell.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Back