Some recent birdies and Wile E...

coastalconn

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
After some hardcore trouble shooting, I figured out that a bad third party battery was causing all my focus issues. Think I finally got it sorted out. Here are some recent shots.. Thanks for looking and comments welcome!

1 Wile E
Coyote 5_13 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

2 Catbird
Catbird 5_12 1 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

3 Greedy House Sparrow
Greedy House Sparrow 5_13 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

4 Hazy Morning Tree Swallow
Tree Swallow 5_15 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

5 Purple Martin
Purple Martin 5_15 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

6 Another Purple Martin
Purple Martin 5_15 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

7 Willet
Willet 5/15 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

8 Splish Splash
Great Egret 5/15 3 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

Nice work! Really like the egret.

It might just be me Coastal but I have found in the past that third party batteries have caused me problems with canon. So I never use them anymore. On my old 7D I had a lens that just some times was not grabbing focus like I thought it should a little slow. But only some time, then one day I switched to the original canon battery and all of a sudden it was good again. So no more third party batteries for me again. Your pictures are stunning as usual. I am going to get the canon 400 myself as right now I am using the tamrom 150-600 with my 7d Mark II. I like the lens but I am finding it really is soft at 500mm and above which more then likely operator error. Either way I have convinced myself I need the canon 400mm.

As always, amazing stuff. I particularly like #5.

Nice shots! Do you use a monopod shooting with your 150-600 to help steady the lens?

What a purdy puppy :)

And Kris switched to Canon and is shooting a 400 f/5.6 not the Tamron 150-600. No need for a monopod, it would just get in the way.

Another reason i want to get the 400mm prime its so much lighter and smaller not to mention its sharpness

Some nice stuff! I really liked the catbird, egret, and the greedy sparrow. The nest material gathering phase of bird life is really interesting, often overlooked it seems, so I always like to see those kinds of pics, like #5 of the purple martin with the long twig.

Some terrific and hard to get captures. I never saw a Catbird looking so elegant!

Nice work! Really like the egret.
Thank you sir!

Nice set. You got some really good shots of the Swallows, those are tough to get.
Swallows are a real PITA as they just whip around. This one came gliding towards me

It might just be me Coastal but I have found in the past that third party batteries have caused me problems with canon. So I never use them anymore. On my old 7D I had a lens that just some times was not grabbing focus like I thought it should a little slow. But only some time, then one day I switched to the original canon battery and all of a sudden it was good again. So no more third party batteries for me again. Your pictures are stunning as usual. I am going to get the canon 400 myself as right now I am using the tamrom 150-600 with my 7d Mark II. I like the lens but I am finding it really is soft at 500mm and above which more then likely operator error. Either way I have convinced myself I need the canon 400mm.
Have you fine tuned the Tamron? The 400 F5.6 is a little sharper, but it is not like holy wow sharper.

As always, amazing stuff. I particularly like #5.
Thank you!

Nice shots! Do you use a monopod shooting with your 150-600 to help steady the lens?
I never used a tripod or monopod with the Tammy. (except in my back yard) I hate how limiting they are for me.

What a purdy puppy :)

And Kris switched to Canon and is shooting a 400 f/5.6 not the Tamron 150-600. No need for a monopod, it would just get in the way.
They do indeed get in the way. I've been toying with the idea of a 500 F4, but I don't think I want to carry all the weight...

Another reason i want to get the 400mm prime its so much lighter and smaller not to mention its sharpness
I never really thought the Tamron was heavy. I'm toying with the idea of a 400 F4 DO, maybe I'll sell you my 400 F5.6... :)

Some nice stuff! I really liked the catbird, egret, and the greedy sparrow. The nest material gathering phase of bird life is really interesting, often overlooked it seems, so I always like to see those kinds of pics, like #5 of the purple martin with the long twig.
Hey thanks Derrel! Haven't heard from you in quite awhile. I thought catching the nest flight shots were pretty cool..

Some terrific and hard to get captures. I never saw a Catbird looking so elegant!
I actually like Catbirds.. I think they are underrated.. Here's another one for you...
Catbird 5_13 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

I like this catbird! Looks like it's scolding you! "Hey--don't be pointin' that thing at me, buddy!"

Most reactions

New Topics

Back