Some Shots for C and C

JJK1975

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello, all.

Below are some shots taken with my Pentax SLR and edited in GIMP.

Advice is appreciated!

They are OK, last one of barn is my fav.

They are good shots, just nothing that says too much due to the subject matter. You got the basics down. Good comp and all.

Keep blasting away!

Lemonade stand is overexposed and WB is off.

The second is a who-knows-what?

Church.... WB is way off.

Drive-in entrance... move about 40 feet to the left, and crop out the trailer.

Barn; again... WB.

Keep at it! You'll get better.

Nice variety of photos. You have done nicely with keeping your subject matter simple. By that I mean your images do not have a lot of distractions or unrelated elements. (Exception: Notice unwanted branches sneaking into the right edge of the church photo) Your images appear slightly overexposed. Beware of washed out skies and washed out white spaces that lack detail. Watch out for including signs that cannot be read. That Drive-In building has some character and interesting lines, but that nearest wall is not very interesting. If you can return there, try some different angles, maybe get some close-up of that trailer. Ask yourself what is it about the subject that you would really like us to see. What part of the building do you think might really be interesting or neat to see. With the barn is ther any interesting, but not cluttered background, for example like a wide open field or green pasture?

In short you have some interesting subjects, how can you make them even more dramatic or attention grabbing.

Keeping clicking, but keep asking, "Why exactly am I taking this picture?"

All look way over saturated. WB is looks way off in 3 & 4. Subjects are largely centered, and content is ambiguous to anyone who wasn't there.

Nice variety of photos. You have done nicely with keeping your subject matter simple.

Thanks for the C and C, everyone.

I see I need to work on white balance.

There's something about the oddly artificial look that the goofy white balance gives some of the images that I like. Thanks again!

Most reactions

Back