Some shots for c&c

Tank

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These are me just experimenting with different techniques... thanks!

The obligatory flower pic:
flowah.jpg

Saw a bunch of moths, etc. flying around a large light, and thought "wonder what this would look like on LE?"
buglight.jpg

A wall with DOF in B/W:
GGardens1.jpg

A couple of buildings at night:
counight1.jpg

counight2.jpg

Another wall, this time at night:
counight3.jpg

And a portion of a parking garage (liked the colors):
garage.jpg

LOVE 6 and 7. Straighten up number 4. 5 is ghostly haha. Good shots

The "obligatory flower picture" has so much room above the flower, yet you cut off its leaves at the bottom (and those leaves do belong to the flower!). That's a major flaw in my opinion. Poorly composed. And DOF was too shallow, ony part of the flower is in focus. All of it should be...

Well, I'm quite taken in by your long exposure experiment with all those insects buzzing about in the light. That's a good one. Funny, too.

Shallow DOF on walls, fences, park benches etc. all scream "beginner testing the DOF of the camera" to me. I can't say much about those, as I usually lay them aside as "OK, he played...". Which is totally legitimate, you have to play with you camera, enjoy what you're doing, have fun taking your photos!!!

The fourth is way too dark, to my mind, and it is crooked (as has been pointed out before). The one afterwards, with the parking meter (which LOOKS at us, that's the creepy thing about that photo, and the funny element, too! GOOD!) all included, not cropped, all there, is a lot better.

The night photo with shallow DOF alongside a wall makes me think the same thoughts as I did when I saw 3...

And the multistorey car park is the one I really, really like! You spotted that one well for it's graphic value. Only am I not sure you worked with a tripod? So you could have gone for a much smaller aperture, and longer exposure? This looks like it was taken almost wide open (I COULD check for EXIF-data, but don't want to). Wide open is not good for night photography...

2 is insane! Great thought to capture it.

5 has officially been photobombed by the smiling parking meter! :lmao:

6 I like the reflection

pretty nice the first one with the flower i would have the flower just slightly more to the right.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back