Some shots from NYC.

fzfile

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
photobucket.com
Been away awile .... here are the 1st few from a day trip to NYC.

nickalodianselfportrait_twkd.jpg

upstunnel-twkd_filtered.jpg

coillightstwkd_filtered.jpg

deliboy-twkd_filtered.jpg

immediateindistance_twkd.jpg

newswoman-twkd_filtered.jpg

I shot 5 rolls and these are this 1st few to grab me.

Its gonna take me forever to clean and crop all of them.

NYC is chock full of fun images.

-mike

But do clean them and do show us more. These are all GOOD!
I enjoy each and every one of them! Really good.
What is the first? The inside of a ferry boat? I would guess so. More so, since we witness the ... now what is the right word here? "Landing" it can't be ... (fat dictionary out) landing, indeed, of that ferry in the second, and I really like the silhouetted figure giving directions, the building in the background so perfectly in frame!

My favourite, however, is the THIRD!

Thanks.

Actually ..... the first shot is of the elevator lobby on the 37th floor (I think) of the Mtv/Nickelodeon studios building.
A friend of mine who went to my high school works for Nickelodeon ..... he is actually PickBoy, a character in one of their popular live kids shows.
He gave us a tour ....... SpongeBob has an entire floor all for him ..... and this is the the room you enter the Nickelodeon floors.
Very 2001-ish.

The 2nd is in the tunnel to the roof parking lot of the UPS building.
My friends had gone around the corner so I ran up the ramp to frame the Travellers Building for the shot.
The attendant must have thought I was a terrorist or something because he started screaming at me to stop and put down my pack and he was running at me. ....... so that one is a snap shot needless to say. I ran out.

The 3rd is of a building that I did not get a chance to get the name of.

Then is the Deli we ate at with PickBoy...... he's a regular.

The next two are from Times Square.

Glad you like them .... I do too.

Unfortunately, most of my picks of my friends did not come out as well but I'm working on those too.

-mike

Ha, I was going to say I liked the 2nd one because it works so well as an off-the-cuff shot, with the framing and the silhouette.....and now that I know you were being chased at the time, I like it even better! :lol:

#4 made me laugh.

Good job. Get some more up as time permits. :thumbup:

terri said:
Ha, I was going to say I liked the 2nd one because it works so well as an off-the-cuff shot, with the framing and the silhouette.....and now that I know you were being chased at the time, I like it even better! :lol:

#4 made me laugh.

Good job. Get some more up as time permits. :thumbup:

yes, good story! lets see some more, these were great! :thumbup:

wow some great shots here, #1 and #2 are my fav, the other two just dont seem to have the same capture...I dunno how to put it...

woow you took some amazing shots! I wanna see more... it seems that you are quite long in photography aren't you? :D

Thats a great compliment but actually, I am still very wet behind the ears in photography.

I only started last August so I could bring back some shots of Phish's last concert at the Coventry fest. I shot 24 rolls from that and only got about a dozen shots I really really like.

This trip to NYC I shot 5 rolls and there are about 10 that I really really like ...... so I guess I'm getting a little better a chosing shots.

One big thing that has helped (me) is I have been shooting a lot wider than just the shot I'm after and then crop, crop, crop down to the shot that delivers the most impact. I was shooting too tight before and then there is no room to adjust things .... spacially.

I cant wait to go to the city again.

There are so many fantastic "sit and wait for the right moment" shots that I saw were possible but didnt have the time to capture.

This forum and other have been a tremendous help. Being able to check out so many great pictures from different people all around the globe gives me soo many ideas to try.

.... and getting complimented from folks like Jon (whom I've never seen a less than stunning shot from) and all of you puts a nice bounce in my step.

-mike

These are all really good.... I can see your reflection in the glass in the first one... :lol:
Great shots! all of them! :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back