some sparkling advice please

robstan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
hi all.

im a fairly new photographer and ive got a job coming up photographing curtain poes, ties and accessories. some of the tie backs have a kind of crystal (i dont know what its actually made of) wieghted end sewed on. how can make this sparkle in the shots, if at all. and can it be done on photoshop somehow?

any help would be greatly appreciated
rob

Point a Mag-Light into the Crystals until they throws off some pretty refractions.

Just wanted to say that its a great idea, and that both the replies have been good ideas...

Definitely creating them in photoshop is not the plan.. Maybe emphasizing is good with the unsharp mask, but definitely not creating them.... Maglight or whatever is good... Manipulate the lighting untill you find an angle that works to refract the light as a sparkling... Make sure that you then adjust any lighting to give a nice lighting effect to the overall composition (smooth, eerie, whatever) and then make your shots... Post process to emphasize, but not to create (unless your a photoshop genius)... Good luck! -Brett

hahahahahahaha ... I was debating this idea when I saw your post ... you echoed my thoughts and sentiments.

I was thinking the same thing.... but then again... he is right, now only thing you have to deside is what filter... 4, 6, 10, 12 burst.

I have never even thought about attempting to twilight something manually... guess you could though.

Most reactions

Back