Some Square Framed Street

fjrabon

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
yes, the dreaded instagram frame:

All taken with a FujiX100T, transferred with the wifi app, edited with snapseed and/or VSCOcam on my iphone.
1)
16560540237_ecda3e7a25_o.jpg

2)
16766753052_68596f4b19_o.jpg

3)
16766754312_bdf5ca8f05_o.jpg

Mostly interested in composition/moment feedback, not stuff like "would have been sharper in photoshop" or whatever.

Really just getting my feet wet in street, but starting to get hooked. As such, I realize these aren't particularly good. These were mostly me getting comfortable with shooting from the hip, quite literally, ie some were taken with the camera by my side while I was walking, and then casually hitting the shutter release without moving the camera up to my eye.

I'd appreciate any feedback.

1 is a good shot, nicely compsed good balance and the square crop works well here.

2 is kinda retro, looks like you've missed focus a bit but it's still got enough to hold my interest.

3 is not my cup of tea and while it looks like you do have the centre of interest as the dog walker being framed between the girls and the car the overall scene lacks someone with character in it.

1 is a good shot, nicely compsed good balance and the square crop works well here.

2 is kinda retro, looks like you've missed focus a bit but it's still got enough to hold my interest.

3 is not my cup of tea and while it looks like you do have the centre of interest as the dog walker being framed between the girls and the car the overall scene lacks someone with character in it.

1) thanks.

2) yeah, I'm pretty sure the focus hit the umbrella behind, this was mostly a product of shooting from the hip. After this shot I sorta realized how big of a help the facial detection focus would be when shooting from the hip, though I didn't mind the missed focus quite as much.

3) I think I mostly liked the lighting and the moving around the scene to a couple different points of (mild at best) interest, but yeah, I get that there really isn't anything in particular that is all that interesting.

Good point of the face detection vis a vis shot #2....but MAN, that gal has got the look! She's so,so stylish! It's still a shot that holds the eye. Love the processing look on it.

yeah,
Good point of the face detection vis a vis shot #2....but MAN, that gal has got the look! She's so,so stylish! It's still a shot that holds the eye. Love the processing look on it.
with all the multiple flaws with shot 2, I found her (and to a lesser extent his) look and expression overcame all the parts of it that I screwed up. The processing I think was in VSCOcam, with a very light yellow tint on the highlights and a very light blue tint on the shadows.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back