Some tonemapped images :)

protoman_2k

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Guys, posting some tonemapped images for C&C's.

$Cow.jpg

$Tonemapped_low.jpg

$path.jpg

$window_low.jpg

I like these for the simple fact that you accurately said "tone mapped" as opposed to HDR!

great pictures and post btw! :)

Very nice, man. Very nice, indeed.

Last edited by a moderator:
1,2,and 4 I love. Just my own opinion, the composition on 3 is off kilter. The people on the other side of the "wall" and the tents are kind of distracting. Again, just my opinion, your mileage may vary, if you're happy with it... that's all that really matters

Edit: it could be in part due to the fact that I have a headache, I guess staring at photo's on my computer screen probably isn't doing me any favors lol

Thank you guys for all your comments.

BuS_RiDeR
I love the 1st one.

May I suggest a tighter crop and a tad less saturation?

I did a quick edit to show what I mean...​

I think I agree. Your edit definitely looks more polished. Just learning the tricks of the trade :)

Very nice, man. Very nice, indeed.

The self-proclaimed HDR Approval Committee will now be along shortly to tell you why you shouldn't post those here...

Why do you have to try to incite crap here all the time?

These are pretty good. There are a few glitches I will point out. In the second image I would just add some cyan to the yellow in Selective Color so the yellow grass is a little more green looking. Other than that pretty good. The fourth image just seems darkishly dull or flat for the amount of blue in the sky. It should be a simple thing to brighten up the image a bit.

It was.....
2iw9e7c.jpg

Protoman, these images are not just single shots are they? You seem to have covered a good range of light. Id like to see them before you tone mapped them.
Just to make something clear. SteveD just bragged to me in a PM that Im not coming down on these images because they arent HDR because he called me out on it. Well whether they are or not, they arent bad images HDR or not. There are no blown highlights, and shadow areas look good. They look a lot better than images that get posted here that are being called HDR. My comments are on the images. Always on the images. Its when people make it personal and jump on me for what I said about the images that I strike back. , just stick to the images. If you can help the guy, by all means do so. Remember the IGNORE feature. It works good.

Lots of stuff going on at the moment. I'm no expert to even get into commenting on what's HDR and what's not.

I'm posting the 0 exposure images of my above post if it helps anybody.

$cow0.JPG

$glass0.JPG

$path0.JPG

$window1.JPG

Nice HDR (tone-mapped) work on the second picture. The stone work really stands out.

Last edited:
Ahahahahahahahahahah, finally someone banned him. About damn time.

Hilarious. OK sorry to hijack your thread. You are doing a good job so far man, keep it up.

Steve5D said:
Are you suggesting it doesn't happen??

Regardless if it does or not, for a grown man to post snarky, smarta$$ comments like that is disgraceful.

But you already knew that, as you edited your post. Now, let's not type them out the first time.

We get it, you don't like Bynx. And.....?

Edit:

Banned?! Hahahaha. Justice.

I think I agree. Your edit definitely looks more polished. Just learning the tricks of the trade :)

I am learning as well... And I think I always will be. :) But I think that one of the ways we learn is by sharing thoughts and ideas. At least, I know that helps me.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back