Some Wedding Photos (C&C welcomed as always)

waynegz1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.wphotographysat.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
DSC_1314.jpg

DSC_1621.jpg

DSC_1386.jpg

DSC_1329.jpg

DSC_0115.jpg

I think you did pretty good. Is this your first wedding? I like the compositions and the BW conversions. #4 I'd say it's not focused but other than that, they're good. My fav would be 2, 5 and 1 in those orders :)

C&C per req:

1. I think more DoF would have helped here.

2. As per #1; it would be nice if the whole card were sharp. You're somewhat under-exposed and rather mid-tone rich. Try a contrast boost and curves adjustment to get more black and white and less grey.

3. A nice shot; it would have been even better if they could have been farther away from the background. As with #2 I think the monochrome needs some tweaking.

4. Unfortunately you've missed the focus here and the bride's face is soft enough to be noticeable, but not enough to be considered artistic. Also note the "racoon" eye - fill light image right was needed here. Lastly, consider your background, if you'd moved a bit to the right and had her turn slightly you would have had a much nicer background.

5. Too much DoF in this case; I think ideally the carriage and sign should be sharp, but the building very soft. Long glass and a large aperture would have been the way to go here. Monochrome as per #2.

Overall they're nice images with a few minor technical issues, most easily fixed. Monochrome conversions are nice, but don't over do it. Brides like to remember the colours of their wedding, especially the bouquet.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

My two cents...

1. Cute
2. Perhaps closer. Lots of negative space.
3. Harsh shadows (his head, the rose etc) Sweaty skin and odd expression on groom. Not crazy about your bw skin tones.
4. Nice expression. Face underexposed in shadowed light with door coming out of her head.
5. Maybe a a lower shooting angle would be more interesting.

Hope those are helpful:)

One thing I must do because I can not stand the amateur look if I don't -- is remove shadows that got past my best efforts. Photo #3 I would clone and remove the shadow left of the mans head. The one between them I can live with as it is easily ignored.

One thing I must do because I can not stand the amateur look if I don't -- is remove shadows that got past my best efforts. Photo #3 I would clone and remove the shadow left of the mans head. The one between them I can live with as it is easily ignored.

How would you go about doing this? Sorry if its a newbie question, but I want to learn ways of each PP technique.

Most reactions

Back