Some zoo pics

pjaye

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
We got up at 5:30 yesterday morning and drove to a zoo to help clean up after the winter. There wasn't many animals out but we managed to get a few. It was a lot of fun helping and we are going back once they officially open. This is the zoo that has the tiger from the move Life of Pi. We could hear the cats but they were in their barn.
We then headed over to the Toronto Zoo for an hour. 3 hours later, we headed home.

There's more but flckr won't let me upload them. Says they keep timing out. Even though I resized them. *sigh* Giving up for now.

Last edited:
Nice set Barb, I really like # 6 :thumbup:

Not sure why you are having issues uploading, maybe because they are marked as Private ?

Thanks Bill. I don't have the ones I'm trying to upload as marked private but they are HUGE. I was using the D7100 and the jpegs are all 8mb and over. The raw's are 27mb. So flickr keeps telling me they are timing out. I've tried resizing but no luck yet. Will try again later. And I am changing the size on the camera.

Thanks Bill. I don't have the ones I'm trying to upload as marked private but they are HUGE. I was using the D7100 and the jpegs are all 8mb and over. The raw's are 27mb. So flickr keeps telling me they are timing out. I've tried resizing but no luck yet. Will try again later. And I am changing the size on the camera.

you can't simply upload raw files to Flickr. They need to be processed, then formatted for the web, outside of the camera.

you can't simply upload raw files to flickr.

I know. Sorry, I worded that wrong. They weren't the raw file. My point is that one the D80, with large picture size, my jpegs were 2-3 mb max. They are much larger on this camera.

I know. Sorry, I worded that wrong. They weren't the raw file. My point is that one the D80, with large picture size, my jpegs were 2-3 mb max. They are much larger on this camera.

I have just as many megapixels as your D7100, and when I save jpgs at full quality at 2000px, they are still only 2MB tops. Not sure what you are doing to make jpgs so large. However, Flickr has a file size limit of 200MB for photos...

I have just as many megapixels as your D7100, and when I save jpgs at full quality at 2000px, they are still only 2MB tops. Not sure what you are doing to make jpgs so large. However, Flickr has a file size limit of 200MB for photos...

Ok do I have something set on the camera that is making them so huge? I'll have to go back to the manual and check. I've only had the camera since Friday so still a little lost on things. I checked the jpegs and they are all around 7-8 mb. Huge.

Wow. Great stuff Barb, really like the shots 1,4 & 5 in particular.

Thank you! It was a lot of fun trying out the new lens and camera. And it was a very long day for us but we had a really good time.

Ok do I have something set on the camera that is making them so huge? I'll have to go back to the manual and check. I've only had the camera since Friday so still a little lost on things. I checked the jpegs and they are all around 7-8 mb. Huge.

oh okay, I get you, you're taking the jpgs directly from the camera.

I'm curious, if you're shooting RAW + jpg, but then just uploading jpgs, what do you do with the RAW files?

really like D71_5083 btw.

oh okay, I get you, you're taking the jpgs directly from the camera.

I'm curious, if you're shooting RAW + jpg, but then just uploading jpgs, what do you do with the RAW files?

really like D71_5083 btw.

I upload the pictures to the computer using Picassa then post. I shoot raw + jpeg just in case I get that great shot and blow the settings so that I can edit it if necessary. But I really hate editing so mostly the raw files just sit there in the folder and I never use them. I'm seriously re-thinking this since most places I go to, I go to many times and can reshoot.

The files I upload here, aren't edited other than the occasional crop. I really should learn editing but I just don't have the patience for it.

Thank you for the compliment on the picture. He was a pretty friendly guy who was as curious about us as we were about him.

What are you using to process the files prior to uploading ?

What are you using to process the files prior to uploading ?

Bill, I just import them from the memory card using Picassa (a google photo editing software). Then I post. What am I doing wrong?

When you are done editing and export the jpg you should be able to set the size of the files to be exported. You are probably exporting as Original size, if you can set the size to 1200x1200 max.

When you are done editing and export the jpg you should be able to set the size of the files to be exported. You are probably exporting as Original size, if you can set the size to 1200x1200 max.

ok, I'll try that. I don't normally export them out of picassa. But will do that from now on. I've never had an issue with the jpeg's before. And totally explains why I filled 4 memory cards yesterday. I've reduced the picture size on camera now as well.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back