What's new

Somebody Took a Bite Out of My School

invisible

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Mar 10, 2007
Messages
5,213
Reaction score
983
Location
Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
OK, so I didn't think much of this one at first, but I posted it on Flickr and some other place and people seemed to like it for some reason.

p125027263-4.jpg


P.S.: Bonus points to the first person who can get the musical reference :)
 
This is lovely. You always impress me with how you can isolate, capture, and always seem to get the right angle. Nice work.
 
very nice work the sky in this pic is amazing :)
 
This is lovely. You always impress me with how you can isolate, capture, and always seem to get the right angle. Nice work.
Hey, much appreciated!

Thanks dcmoodie and Jackie!
 
I like it. At first I didn't even notice half the building missing but then I did...which makes it more interesting for me
 
I like it. At first I didn't even notice half the building missing but then I did...which makes it more interesting for me

Hahah either you're not very observant or just flat out can't read :p
But I mean entertainment comes in different forms, and so looking at the same image and seeing something different than you did the first time is always nice :-P
 
Really nice work as usual. Is every wooden structure on the Canadian plains falling down? The other side of the building looks like it would be interesting - get any shots from there?
 
Is every wooden structure on the Canadian plains falling down?
I get asked this question very often, and the answer is – of course – no :) Me and my buddies do a lot of exploring to be able to find places like this.

The other side of the building looks like it would be interesting - get any shots from there?
I didn't shoot it from the other side because the sun would've been right in front of me. Also, after circling the building a couple of times I thought that this was the best vantage point.

Thanks, Ken!

As always Federico, your work is awesome :)
Thank you Nathan, I appreciate it!
 
I really like it, but I think I would have liked it even more if the school was on the left of the frame instead of the right.. spilling its guts into the picture instead of out.
 
I really like it, but I think I would have liked it even more if the school was on the left of the frame instead of the right.. spilling its guts into the picture instead of out.
Thanks, arcooke. Every once in a while I use an unconventional composition to create some tension; this is one of those cases.

Thanks everybody for your feedback! :)
 
Awsome shot and awsome channel mixing.

I would have been tempted to clone out the wires on the right, but it retains purity leaving them in and let's me know you probably didn't tamper with the image in other ways.
 
Awsome shot and awsome channel mixing.

I would have been tempted to clone out the wires on the right, but it retains purity leaving them in and let's me know you probably didn't tamper with the image in other ways.
Thanks very much, bazooka! (I'm not too worried about the power lines – I would be if they were obstructing the view or ruining the story the photo is telling, which I don't think is the case here.)
 
I never noticed the power lines! to the right of the school they appear maybe slightly distracting (not IMO, but to some) but it gives the image more depth as the lines fade into the distance.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom