Someone be my mentor?

Kofman13

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I recently got a new body and I'm really taking photography more seriously. I would Love for someone experienced who shoots nikon to take me under their wing and teach me! And just a disclaimer I am a starving musician and spent tons of money on my body an lens so pleAse no mentor who is just gonna tell me to get a certain lens right away or certain flash or lighting setup just yet.

My opinion is that people need to be able to teach themselves to a certain level before they ask for something like this. At that point you will have either given up because you really weren't all that interested in the first place, or will know enough to go directly to the person you need to mentor from because then you'll know who can teach you what you need/want to learn.

My 2 cents.

Why someone who shoots Nikon?

The camera matters not.

A "starving musician" who now aspires to be a starving photographer. Anyone else see the irony here?

Check my sig - 4th link :)
1st is also worth reading

A "starving musician" who now aspires to be a starving photographer. Anyone else see the irony here?

I don't get what ur saying. Well I'm not a starving musician really but I don't make a heck of alot of money. I meant I just spent alot on my camera. I do photography as a hobby and I make some money here and there in phrography. I just want to be led in the level and learn more. Given assignments etc

Buy UNDERSTANDING EXPOSURE by Bryan Peterson. Read. Read it again. Keep as a reference.

best thing to do starting off is just look at photography. any and all. then start trying to emulate it and youll learn lots. Just gotta keep shooting. if you ever have question feel free to PM me any time and ill help you out the best i can :thumbup:

Basically what I want is someone to give me assignments then critique it and have me improve said shot again

i like this idea, anyone willing to do this for me as well? just give me assignments and then tell me what i need to improve

Why someone who shoots Nikon?

The camera matters not.

To expound on what BJ said, you should know your camera's controls and settings inside and out before doing anything else. So yes, the camera shouldn't matter.

The exposure triangle is the same regardless of equipment brand.

Basically what I want is someone to give me assignments then critique it and have me improve said shot again
Maybe this will work, I'd like to see some shots in focus, non-destracting background of flowers (varying types). We'' start there since they dont move. I dont want to see any PP yet, just sooc. Then post those pictures here and we'll C&C them. We'll all be your mentors.
Or you can pay $1000 for a 12 month online course to do the same. :er:

Maybe this will work, I'd like to see some shots in focus, non-destracting background of flowers (varying types). We'' start there since they dont move. I dont want to see any PP yet, just sooc. Then post those pictures here and we'll C&C them. We'll all be your mentors.
Or you can pay $1000 for a 12 month online course to do the same. :er:

You got it! will do today or tomorrow

Most reactions

New Topics

Back