Something crazy happened to me today, I got a job offer.

ConradM

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Not that I'm looking nor had I ever planned too... I have a 9-5 and it's very stable. I take pictures for family and fun. Anyway, I went to drop my motorcycle off today to get new tires on. The shop owner who also builds race cars, and I were BSing and he mentioned he's seen my bike photos on a local forum. He asked if I was a photographer, but I told him it was just a hobby.

Well, apparently he showed them to his partner and they both agreed that they would like to hire me to shoot the race cars. :confused: This was even after I stressed that it's JUST a hobby.

Here's the pic in question - feel free to CC it. f/2.2 1/800 ISO100 50mm

zzzzzzzovercast.jpg

I don't know if I'll do it, the whole thing is a tad overwhelming. I'm just extremely flattered that he asked.

I think the bike looks good but background is week just commenting on the photo you posted. Now as far as just the bike goes, I would bump up the exposure a tad bit to get a little more detail in the black areas. Its nice to see tire tread and what not. Lighting looks good.

As far as job offers go. Maybe you to a test run and see what they think. If they like than do it. It will be nice to turn a hobby into something more. You can take that extra cash and start vesting into quality glass.

I would do it in a heart beat, but I would do a test shoot to make sure that what I could provide in my photos was up to par with what they were looking for.

Good Luck!

It's either a little underexposed, or your faux vignette is encroaching too far into the frame causing the whole image to look too dark.

As for the job, why don't you see if you can start by doing it at the weekends? Then, if you like it and they still like your shots, you could consider doing it for them more full time.

I got my job in the same way (I'm a product photographer). I went to an online retailer for just an admin job and had on my resume that photography was a hobby. I ended up being hired as the photographer instead! I now work with the all the same people but we've moved to another new company and there is potential this year for me to do some high-end fashion shoots for a particularly famous singer's new clothing line!

You never know where little offers like this can lead!

Take

the

job.

Odds are you'll do great and it will lead to (if nothing else) a little extra cash doing something you enjoy.

Life doesn't bring these opportunities around every day. You gotta grab 'em when you can.

Good luck with it and keep us posted.

Take

the

job.

Odds are you'll do great and it will lead to (if nothing else) a little extra cash doing something you enjoy.

Life doesn't bring these opportunities around every day. You gotta grab 'em when you can.

+1

Take

the

job.

Good point. I'll have to see how it pans out.

i go with take the job...to me it would be fun..i like the photo...diferent background maybe

I'd also take the job, give it a go, see how they like your work and if they are happy, then you can take on more work with them.

i would take the background out and insert another background

Most reactions

New Topics

Back