Somewhere Between...

Exactly what I found myself doing, which worked great... just wasn't sure if I'd missed a step or something.. Thanks again for the tip :icon_cool:

Color cast affects the whole image so would naturally affect the sky as well. Masking works nicely to get everything else back to where it looks best to your eye. There is yet another way (as is always the case with PS) to be more selective and that is to select the area you want to alter using the "Select by Color Range" option in the top menu bar, then apply the match color/neutralize method. ***Note to everyone, these are samples to show the methodology, not necessarily to illuminate one is better than the other. It's simply a photoshop lesson that requires practice and a fair degree of liking to futz about with an image.

mntn w-select.jpg

mntn w-select ants.jpg

Last edited:
I use luminosity masks more than colour range selections, but always handy to have another tool in the belt :)

I too use them as well as channels...I use whatever it takes to get what I want and Photoshop gives me a wide array of tools.

Reactions: D7K
As with photography, Photoshop for me is a continuous learning process ..

Only around 80 shots left to check from this session, really enjoying some of them, I love to go shoot and come out with what I thought I would or hoped I would.. really puts wood on the fire!!

I just bought the D-850. Should be here Thursday...woot-woot, can't wait.

So..... how is it ;)

Have only had a few chances to take it out for test shots, but so far, I'd have to say it is a keeper. Yesterday I tried out the Focus Stacking feature and while it is not a particularly stellar composition, it does provide the components I needed for the test: strong foreground, decent middle ground nd a good background that would show comparative detail.

I have many more experiments to go with this feature, but I can already see what a wonderful tool this will be for landscapes.

I need to note that the dark rock in the foreground was just a tad over a foot away and the background rocks were about two hundred feet away at their closest point, and a 1/8 mile out at the tip of the jetty. Shot with a Tokina 17-35 at 20mm f/8, 1/125.

stack-2.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: D7K
This photo literally made me say "WOW"

I really like this shot. I may have missed it, but may I ask where this is at?

This photo literally made me say "WOW"

I really like this shot. I may have missed it, but may I ask where this is at?

Thanks, This was shot in Vitosha Mountain, Bulgaria.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back