Son and Stepdad diving fun

macawlvr

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi everyone, my son Travis 24 yrs old who is stationed in the Navy at Norfolk,Va came to visit for about 10 days. While he has been here we got lessons for him and now he's a certified scuba diver. Here are 3 photo's, hope you enjoy!

1....In this one Travis is waiting to put on his scuba gear.

6105-Travis8.jpg

2. Here he is in the water enjoying himself after one of his qualifications.

6105-travis6.jpg

3. And here is Travis and hubby Dave, Dave is trying to get photo's in the water.

6105-TravisDave7.jpg

Nice exposures, definetly. As a scuba diver myself, I have some appreciation for it. ;)

The only thing I can recommend is getting closer to eye level. The second picture seems distant. Also tell your son to use his Bouyancy Compensator to his advantage when surface swimming; inflate it all the way and let it and the water carry the weight of the tank or swim on his back, again letting the water take the tank. (He seems to have his back arched which can get unfomfortable quickly)

midget patrol said:
Nice exposures, definetly. As a scuba diver myself, I have some appreciation for it. ;)

The only thing I can recommend is getting closer to eye level. The second picture seems distant. Also tell your son to use his Bouyancy Compensator to his advantage when surface swimming; inflate it all the way and let it and the water carry the weight of the tank or swim on his back, again letting the water take the tank. (He seems to have his back arched which can get unfomfortable quickly)

Thanks for the advice, since these were his very first open water lessons I'm sure his instructor had the same advice for him :)
We went to Vortex Spring in Ponce De Leon today and he did much better. I'll post some photos of that outting at a later date..
As for me getting closer to his level..I was on the boat and was switching lenses back and forth..And was really afraid of the salt water with my 20d ;-)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back