What's new

Sony A100/ Pentax K-X

mjac

TPF Noob!
Joined
Mar 14, 2011
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hi,
I've found an A100 and a pentax KX (red) for sale in my local photo store. Both are second hand in great condition.
Any thoughts/reccomendations?
 
With so many people buying gear these days, I quit buying new stuff and only buy used gear in good condition.

I also follow the prices, so I know a good deal when I run into one.

You have provided almost zero information.
 
I have the a100 and love it ! No experience with Pentax.
 
Hi,
I've found an A100 and a pentax KX (red) for sale in my local photo store. Both are second hand in great condition.
Any thoughts/reccomendations?

The Pentax is a much better camera. It is better in almost every catagory (ISO, noise, dynamic range, color, larger screen, video, faster shutter, live view, etc). But if you plan on expanding into pro gear in the future I think Sony would be the system to move into. Sony is making somewhat of a push back into the pro market. Nikon and Canon have a stronghold on the pro market for the time being. And Sony is making an attempt. Just not quite there yet.

But Pentax is about the best bang for the buck DSLR out there. And the nice thing about Pentax is just like Nikon you can use a good portion of their older lenses on the new DSLR's (including manual focus).
 
Pentax Kx for sure. Only think about the Kx that is nice is the lack of focus point through the viewfinder. You have to hope it's focusing on the right area you want. The build, image quality, and ability of the two cameras the Kx is hands down the better camera.
 
Hmm, how much are they selling them for ?
The Sony should be very cheap as it is an old model.
 
you get what you pay for. The A100 sells for about $230 to $350. The Xs with 18-55is lens is about around $400 - $500.

Think about the Pentax liine of cameras lots of lenses avail, great build. The Pentax K20D sells for about $450 in some places. it's a 14.6mp camera, awesome build quality and nice ISO performance for noise.

good luck.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom