Sony A7 with Nikon 50 1.8

vipgraphx

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I got a fotodiox Pro Nikon G to Sony E mount adapter today and was testing it out. I am using the Nikon 50 1.8G lens. From what I can tell thus far is that the Nikon lens is sharper than the sony kit 28-70 lens which I am sure from all the info out there on the kit lens saying it was soft. Now it is still a great lenst for vacationing or parties since it has a nice zoom range for indoors and is actually IMOP pretty sharp, its really until you pixel peep like the examples I will be showing you can see the differences.

The camera will not auto focus or change Fstops this you have to do manually and the adapter has an aperture ring allowing you to adjust the F stops, what makes it easy is that with the EVF you know what it will look like before you shoot. there really is no guessing and focus peaking still works along with adjust focus points. I wish DMF worked to really nail focus but, ehh NOPE.

The exciting thing is that this opens up the sony A7 world to more lenses that are not so dam expensive like the Leicas. I know that FF lens are going to be expensive anyways but the 50 1.8 nikon is a very inexpensive lens that will bump up camera IQ very quick. I am even thinking the 85 1.8G will probably be even a better lens to have at $400 more.

Here are some pictures for you to check out starting with what it looks on the camera.

IMG_3603 by VIPGraphX, on Flickr

IMG_3602 by VIPGraphX, on Flickr

Now with some comparisons...

sonynikon 50 by VIPGraphX, on Flickr

sony 2870 by VIPGraphX, on Flickr

nikonvssony by VIPGraphX, on Flickr

sony 2070 crop by VIPGraphX, on Flickr

sonynikon 50 crop by VIPGraphX, on Flickr

And a quick picture of my son…he stayed home from school today not feeling well..but, I need a quick model:thumbup:

zeah nikon 50 sonya7 by VIPGraphX, on Flickr

I hope for some of you, you find this informative.

Color rendering on the 50/1.8 Nikkor and the 28-70mm Sony zoom look almost identical!!!

Yeah I did no editing. I shot in RAW and opened up in camera raw and saved as JPEG. I thought there would be more of a difference in color, perhaps If I shot with a nikon body and nikon lens vs sony body and sony lens we would see more of a difference. I am not sure just a wild guess.

The exciting thing is that this opens up the sony A7 world to more lenses that are not so dam expensive like the Leicas.
Is this a new thing??? I thought there were adapters for mirrorless to everything like, instantly after mirrorless cameras are made.
Since trivial adaptability is one of the biggest advantages of shooting mirrorless in the first place.

Or do you just mean "opens it up for me"? If so, yes, it sounds like a lot of fun. Your local used manual lens section or ebay vintage glass etc. would be a lark to dive into with similar adapters.

Opens a world up for me….I am new to mirror less cameras;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back