Sony A700 - Question about settings

pgowder

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
First is it possible to turn on blinkies on this camera? I can't seem to find that setting??

Also, I just got the newest firmware that allows me to change the Noise Reduction setting. Which setting are most of you using?

When I'm shooting on a tripod, should I turn off the IS?

Thanks!

IS should be turned off.

Not that it will counter-react, but it just wastes battery.

It is better to attend to noise in postprocessing rather than on the camera, since it can be selectively removed from sections of the photo without affecting the sharpness of the rest of the photo.

skieur

It is better to attend to noise in postprocessing rather than on the camera, since it can be selectively removed from sections of the photo without affecting the sharpness of the rest of the photo.

skieur
So you recommend turning it off completely?

I did that on some photos the other night and wasn't impressed. I didn't do any NR post process though. That's not part of my workflow right now.

I use Lightroom. Should I start using Noise Ninja or something else with LR?

This one:
_DSC0453 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Had some noise in larger sizes. That was at 800ISO.

Up to you. NR in lightroom is a global algorithm, NR in Noise Ninja is a noise profiling and removal algorithm.

They both work very differently and depending on the noise, Noise Ninja is usually the better performer.

Noiseware Professional is also a commonly used and popular program for eliminating noise as well.

skieur

Most reactions

Back