SONY A7R IV - First Impressions

Jens Heidler

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everyone,
Receiving the sony a7R IV last week 1month earlier than expectd, I was really excited to test it during a hike in austria the last days. Especially the advanced autofocus options caught my attention. The 61MP sensor really does a great job when you need to crop your wildlife and macro photography images. Hopefully Sony will add the possibility to use animal auto focus in video mode and 4k60 via a firmware update...
In the following video, I show my first impressions. During the hike last week I took a lot of nice macro photos and also did some test, like shooting the moon;)
What do you think about this camera? Probably noone really needs thats a camera like this, but it's nice to have;)

i'm not sure what you mean by probably no one needs to have a camera like this… There are I would assume millions of people around the world who would love the capabilities of that camera

I meant that no one "really" needs this camera. At most situation you can get almost the same results using cheaper equipment;)

Those sixty one million pixels won't be your friend unless everything is perfect. If your focus is off a smidge or if there is a minor imperfection in the lens, it will show when you do that tight crop.

Those sixty one million pixels won't be your friend unless everything is perfect. If your focus is off a smidge or if there is a minor imperfection in the lens, it will show when you do that tight crop.

Yeah, I definitely don’t need 61mp. I really like the 24mp I get with the regular a7ii. Seems like a great balance. I’m interested to see what the a7iv offers though.

Most reactions

Back