SONY A7R IV - First Impressions

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by Jens Heidler, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Jens Heidler

Jens Heidler TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Hey everyone,
    Receiving the sony a7R IV last week 1month earlier than expectd, I was really excited to test it during a hike in austria the last days. Especially the advanced autofocus options caught my attention. The 61MP sensor really does a great job when you need to crop your wildlife and macro photography images. Hopefully Sony will add the possibility to use animal auto focus in video mode and 4k60 via a firmware update...
    In the following video, I show my first impressions. During the hike last week I took a lot of nice macro photos and also did some test, like shooting the moon;)
    What do you think about this camera? Probably noone really needs thats a camera like this, but it's nice to have;)

2. Derrel

Derrel Mr. Rain Cloud

Photos OK to edit
    i'm not sure what you mean by probably no one needs to have a camera like this… There are I would assume millions of people around the world who would love the capabilities of that camera

3. Jens Heidler

Jens Heidler TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I meant that no one "really" needs this camera. At most situation you can get almost the same results using cheaper equipment;)

4. RVT1K

RVT1K No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Those sixty one million pixels won't be your friend unless everything is perfect. If your focus is off a smidge or if there is a minor imperfection in the lens, it will show when you do that tight crop.

5. TreeofLifeStairs

TreeofLifeStairs No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit

Yeah, I definitely don’t need 61mp. I really like the 24mp I get with the regular a7ii. Seems like a great balance. I’m interested to see what the a7iv offers though.