Sony A7RIII questions

Fast Eddie4

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have a few questions for anyone with a Sony A7RIII. I currently take my photos on a canon 77D. I use it as a hobby for car photos but also use it for senior portraits, family photos, and such for a little money on the side. I would like to get a G or GM series lens right away with the purchase of my A7RIII. The lenses I have narrowed it down to are the 24-70 or 70-200. I currently use canons more expensive 17 to 55 for automotive rolling shots and portraits. I use the 55 to 250 for automotive stills. My question is which lens should I get for the A7RIII and if I plan on eventually stepping up to a G master is worth it to just get one right away or buy two of the lower end lenses. Any advice would be helpful at this point. I just want someone to help away me one way or the other.

I have a few questions for anyone with a Sony A7RIII. I currently take my photos on a canon 77D. I use it as a hobby for car photos but also use it for senior portraits, family photos, and such for a little money on the side. I would like to get a G or GM series lens right away with the purchase of my A7RIII. The lenses I have narrowed it down to are the 24-70 or 70-200. I currently use canons more expensive 17 to 55 for automotive rolling shots and portraits. I use the 55 to 250 for automotive stills. My question is which lens should I get for the A7RIII and if I plan on eventually stepping up to a G master is worth it to just get one right away or buy two of the lower end lenses. Any advice would be helpful at this point. I just want someone to help away me one way or the other.

I learned photography about 40 years ago from a pro who, at the time, was the staff photographer for the St. Louis Baseball cardinals. When I asked him a shopping question about what gear to buy he told me this: "Lenses take pictures, camera's hold film. Get your priorities straight." Things have changed some but I think it's still a valid rule. I shoot Fuji now. When I made the change (from Canon) I wasn't sure what brand/model camera I was going to buy. I had my priorities straight and I started shopping for lenses. The lenses I chose dictated the camera I ended up with. So, lenses take pictures.

Joe

Thank you! I think I know what I want then!

I have the 85mm 1.4 gm lens and the 16-35mm 2.8 gm lens. I’m superbly pleased with each but I shoot architecture with the wide angle lens and portraits with the 85mm so slightly different than your use. I’ve never had a lens of their caliber; then again, I’ve never paid as much for a lens either.

The 70-200 gm lens is next on my list.

Sent from my iPhone using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

I really want the 70 - 200 but then I wont be able to shoot rollers until I obtain the 24 - 70 lens. So i guess I'm kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place seeing as how I cant afford both right away.

I learned photography about 40 years ago from a pro who, at the time, was the staff photographer for the St. Louis Baseball cardinals. When I asked him a shopping question about what gear to buy he told me this: "Lenses take pictures, camera's hold film. Get your priorities straight." Things have changed some but I think it's still a valid rule. I shoot Fuji now. When I made the change (from Canon) I wasn't sure what brand/model camera I was going to buy. I had my priorities straight and I started shopping for lenses. The lenses I chose dictated the camera I ended up with. So, lenses take pictures.

Joe
I saw a video on YouTube where someone compared pictures that were taken from a Pro camera wit a cheap lens to pictures that were taken with a cheap camera with a Pro lens. The pictures with the Pro lens were better.

Joe
I saw a video on YouTube where someone compared pictures that were taken from a Pro camera wit a cheap lens to pictures that were taken with a cheap camera with a Pro lens. The pictures with the Pro lens were better.
This one?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Joe
This one?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Yes!

Maybe look at the Sony FE 24-105mm f/4, that's a great lens and pic quality is up there...possibly rent one and see what you think.....I used that until I purchased a few primes and it worked great on my A7RIII.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back