Sony A900 Any one use?

jcdeboever

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Someone just gave me a darn near brand new Sony A900. They couldn't locate the battery charger for it. I have read up on it and it seems it was ok back in its day. I will probably sell it but wanted to see if anyone uses one still or has and their thoughts on it before I buy a charger for it. I do have some minolta glass for it, I have hung on to the glass because it aint worth anything. I could potentially put a nice kit together and maybe squeeze out a few more dollars. Just curious

That was a very fine camera in it's day. I have an A550 with 3 Sony lenses and a couple Minoltas.

If you DO sell it, I'd be very interested in it. Body only. If the price is right.

it is supposed to be a very fine camera. If I were you I would get a charger, and use it for a while before selling it. Who knows, you might like it, you might keep it! As I said, who knows?

I was going to suggest the same as Derrel, but I've been lusting over one of these. Lol. Especially since I have the lenses. It was ahead of it's time. One of the first 24 MP DSLRs. Wouldn't be surprised if you keep it.

If you DO, look into the Sony lenses. Well built and sharp. Going for decent prices too.

I'll get a charger for it and check it out. I'm not buying any glass for it. I have a 50 1.7, 70-210 f4, 35-70 f4, and a 28 2.8 .

Looks like you have a nice assortment to get started. What a deal.

A friendly suggestion....order another battery too. Bought several cameras without chargers. When I've ordered just the charger, the original battery was a dud. If I bought an additional battery the original came back to life and worked just as well as the new one. Murphy's law. Lol. Besides, if you keep it, you'll probably want a second. If you sell it, you'll easily recover it in the final price. Just trying to be helpful.

Looks like you have a nice assortment to get started. What a deal.

A friendly suggestion....order another battery too. Bought several cameras without chargers. When I've ordered just the charger, the original battery was a dud. If I bought an additional battery the original came back to life and worked just as well as the new one. Murphy's law. Lol. Besides, if you keep it, you'll probably want a second. If you sell it, you'll easily recover it in the final price. Just trying to be helpful.

Charger will be here today, so will see. It feels pretty good in the hand, so it passed that test. Buttons are in strange places, so there is that as well.

I'll cross my fingers for ya, but just about anyone else has better luck than me. Lol. Buttons can be figured out in time. I know you like your film, but give it a chance. Look forward to see what you can do with it.

Most reactions

Back