Sony A99 delayed timer with HDR/BKT

jkirkegaard

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi,

I bought a A99 and it's a great camera!

However, setting the camera up for shooting HDR on a tripod seems to miss one important thing - the ability to set the camera on a timer (2 or 10 seconds) while being in HDR- or Bracketing-mode. Meaning there's a risk of blurry pictures because the camera fires as soon as you touch the shutter-release.

I haven't got a wireless remote, but to activate the wireless setting in the camera, disables the shutterrelease-delay.

Did I miss something in using this camera? any advice?

Why are you using a tripod? HDR can be shot handheld on Sony cameras with no blurry pictures.

Why are you using a tripod? HDR can be shot handheld on Sony cameras with no blurry pictures.

Well, not for professional work. I shoot real estate, so ISO 100, F/8 doesen't result in a fast shutter for handheld shooting.

The remote is pretty cheap, buy it.

Well, not for professional work. I shoot real estate, so ISO 100, F/8 doesen't result in a fast shutter for handheld shooting.

If you have read the tests, Sony does best at ISO 200 which combined with F/5.6 would give you a slower shutter speed for shooting particularly if you went for a little wider angle. I have done sharp night shooting down to 1/10 sec handheld.

It's because the HDR setting shoots three shots and the timer has it's own drive setting. Buy you a cheap shutter remote. Plus since the mirror doesn't flip up you probably could shoot it just by pressing the shutter as long as it's really secure on the tripod.

Hi Skieur,

Can you post a link to those tests saying that it performs best at iso200

You can still bracket manually, it's not hard.

You can still bracket manually, it's not hard.

yeah I know, but it would just be much easier to use an excisting bracketing-funktion in the camera.

go buy a shutter cable if you want to put it this way. bracket your own shots for HDR . Not saying the incamera deature is horrible but its not nearly as good as what I could get when I bracket my own shots and process in photomatix.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back