Sony Alpha a3500

maketroli

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello guys, I am very new on this. I am about to buy a camera, I want it just for fun, I am not a professional so I don't need a camera for work, but, I want a camera which takes nice pictures.

According to my budget, this camera is OK: α3500 E-mount Camera with APS-C Sensor | ILCE-3500J | Sony Middle East

I like the thing that you can switch lenses and all that kind of stuff. I would like you to give me some advice, and would be awesome if someone talk about his experience with this camera -in case you had it-.

Hello guys, I am very new on this. I am about to buy a camera, I want it just for fun, I am not a professional so I don't need a camera for work, but, I want a camera which takes nice pictures.

According to my budget, this camera is OK: α3500 E-mount Camera with APS-C Sensor | ILCE-3500J | Sony Middle East

I like the thing that you can switch lenses and all that kind of stuff. I would like you to give me some advice, and would be awesome if someone talk about his experience with this camera -in case you had it-.

just for you to know, the most relevant thing here is that I want the camera to take pictures to the people, sometimes probably I will be going to the mountain or the beach, but the main concern I have, and the main thing why I want the camera, is to photograph people.

For 600$
I would go for the Nikon D3300 or maybe even the Nikon D5300.
Better cameras with a MUCH bigger and wider lens selection.

For 600$
awesome, I am also checking some Nikon cameras, what about

a friend is selling a D5100, what do you think ?

For 600$
awesome, I am also checking some Nikon cameras, what about

a friend is selling a D5100, what do you think ?
I can tell you quite a bit about the Nikon D5100 as I own it.
Good camera, starting to get a bit old but its still a good camera.
Basic AF, good dynamic range and avarage low light performance.
If you can get the D3300 or D5300 or even the D5200 then those will be better options as they are newer with newer technology but the Nikon D5100 is still a very good and capable camera, I love mine :)

I'm a Canon shooter but I'd recommend the Nikon D3300 too.

I'm a Canon shooter but I'd recommend the Nikon D3300 too.

I just got the Canon t5 and it is exactly what I need for a great price. the only cons is the screen resolution but once you put the pictures in the computer, the photos are awesome :)

Canon has been slacking for the past few years in the crop-sensor segment.
Your T5i has the same sensor as my ancient T2i, same images come out of them
which makes T5i virtually the worst choice at the moment (since it costs a lot
and offers nothing new/better then a $250 used T2i).

The newer T6i/S and 70D/7D mark II have newer sensors which are just a bit better, and the
entry level Nikon D3300 performs a lot better in low light (high ISO noise) which shouldn't
be the case.

So.. yeah.. can't switch to Nikon now but I would if I could.
I do like Canon lenses better though.

Most reactions

Back