Sony DSLR Wedding, quincianeras, etc.

So which one should i go for ? a390 ? is it good enough for the events?

Being a professional wedding photographer you will need TWO camera bodies. So get Canon 1Ds AND Canon 5d Mark II.

Ok my question is simple i am planning to open a small wedding buissness and do photography for weddings, quinceaneras, etc. I am planning on buying a Sony DSLR though, but i want to know which on would be good enough for these type of things ?

Would the Sony 330 be good for this ? or which model number and up would be good 390, 500 ? please help me out here

You are going to need at least the 700.

Photo quality is important. Mainly it's important to the customer because you will be cropping a lot and a cropped photo that starts out crappy only gets worse.

What is going to be important to you is the number of shots per cost of the equipment. In other words, can you make a profit.

As it turns out, the more expensive the camera the more robust (usually). This means that when the brides nephews run screaming through the reception hall and knock over the table you just happened to have set your camera on to dig for another set of batteries, if you bought a better camera it's far more likely that you just pick up your camera and go on shooting.

If you went cheap, you go buy another camera.

If you went really cheap and only bought one camera, then you go home with out finishing the shoot, get sued for non-performance and still have to buy another camera.

Look for a used Nikon D700 (yes, you will be spending a LOT of time in the dark) and a used D300/D200. Failing that look for a used Canon 5d and a used 40d/30d.

Last edited:
Ok my question is simple i am planning to open a small wedding buissness and do photography for weddings, quinceaneras, etc. I am planning on buying a Sony DSLR though, but i want to know which on would be good enough for these type of things ?

Would the Sony 330 be good for this ? or which model number and up would be good 390, 500 ? please help me out here

Why are you limiting yourself to Sony anyways? You should look at the cost/benefit/quality of each camera and look at which one will best match your workstream.

I hope you have good formal experience taking photos or trained before you open up the shop!

if you are planning to stick with sony i would try at least find a sony a700 it is much better than the 3xx and 5xx

Is the Sony A700 discontinued? Maybe the A850 or A900 would be a awesome choice :)

The eagerness to get into 'professional' photography seems to vary in inverse proportion to the individual's capacities. There are those of us with many years of experience and plenty of ability who want nothing to do with it. That should tell you something.

The A700 is discontinue but if you look hard enough you can find some place that still sale them

Most reactions

Back