Sony RX 100 III - Memory card overkill?

NicoPantaloons

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey guys, I will be getting a Sony RX 100 III for christmas this year, and in the mean time I would like to get all of the accessories that I need. Luckily today, amazon has a gold box deal on Sony memory. I ordered two Sony 128GB SDXC UHS-1 Class 10 Memory Cards - for a total of $69.99 each.

Is this a bit of overkill for the RX 100 III?

Additionally, what other accessories for the camera would you recommend? So far I would like a hardshell case for it, and a screen protector for the back lcd screen. What else am I missing?

Thanks guys! I'm happy to be on the forums!

For shooting video, the best-performing cards a guy can get are nice to have. Video is really the most-demanding thing for memory cards. Video is also pretty space-intensive, so having two, 128 gig cards sounds pretty good.

Large fast memory cards are nice and the case should work well with that style of camera. A couple of spare batteries would be nice, I have 4 for mine and two chargers as the camera holds two batteries at a time.
Also if you're new to digital you may want to look into some post-processing software. There are programs available from less than 50$ to much much more.

Most reactions

Back