South Side Imports Car Meet Feb 7, 2009

TheUndisputed

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The 7th was my birthday. How did I spend it? Doing my passion of course, photography. C&C welcome.

DSC_0097.jpg

DSC_0083.jpg

DSC_0075.jpg

DSC_0070.jpg

NIce shots!

A little too much reflection in #1 & #2

#3 is great, I really like it!

#4 doesn't work for me, a bit too much blur maybe.

Unfortunately I really don't like your frames.

Cheers

For me:

#1 is cropped too tight.
#2 Nice, but reflection of parking lot and photographer is distracting
#3 Isn't real, badly photoshopped
#4 Not liking the blur or colors and the name of the car looks photoshopped. Isn't this the engine bay of the corvette?

The framing does seem to take away from the shots. All your shots seem so tight..... I like how the colors are popping out on them, but none of the shots give enough detail of the cars photographed. JMHO.

I would prob love the unedited shots a bit more. The first one is not bad, just the framing.

The WRX def has a great shine, but the reflection was worth the shot.

Vette shot was just too distracting all over.

S200 shot just seems like a complete photoshopped Logo (created).

This is just what I see as a person that is not even a novice at this stage, so please take my opinion lightly. But I love auto Photography...

I feel like these really need more attention to detail-- no crud on the windshield, no reflections, etc. It's tough to separate shots like these from snapshots, and the difference really is in the details.

I love the focus and the colors - neat compositions, too.

The framing does seem to take away from the shots. All your shots seem so tight..... I like how the colors are popping out on them, but none of the shots give enough detail of the cars photographed. JMHO.

I would prob love the unedited shots a bit more. The first one is not bad, just the framing.

The WRX def has a great shine, but the reflection was worth the shot.

Vette shot was just too distracting all over.

S200 shot just seems like a complete photoshopped Logo (created).

This is just what I see as a person that is not even a novice at this stage, so please take my opinion lightly. But I love auto Photography...

in solid defense, the S2000 logo is not chopped, that is the valve cover of an actual supercharged Honda S2000. Only thing done to that photo is saturation change and zoom blur.

I feel like these really need more attention to detail-- no crud on the windshield, no reflections, etc. It's tough to separate shots like these from snapshots, and the difference really is in the details.

Just letting you know, the "crud" on the windshield isn't actually on the windshield, it's a reflection of a tree branch right above the car.

Ok, I am not critiquing my critique, just want to make sure everyone is on the same playing field as to what is real and what isnt. Nothing was photoshopped onto or off of the cars. Only adjustment layers and filters were used on these images.

#3 Isn't real, badly photoshopped
#4 Not liking the blur or colors and the name of the car looks photoshopped. Isn't this the engine bay of the corvette?

once again, Shot number 3 is completely real. A small amount of blur was added behind the car and a saturation change was made.

No, that is not the engine bay of the corvette. That is the valve cover shot of a 2002 Honda S2000.

In that case you should have taken care of the reflection. Either way, details.

once again, Shot number 3 is completely real. A small amount of blur was added behind the car and a saturation change was made.

I'm looking at the corvette picture around the lower part of the car and the back tire. It looks badly cut out. It's a really jagged edge, not smooth. With the excess amount of blur in the background the car just looks like it's floating there. The shadow doesn't even look real.

Most reactions

Back