What's new

Southern Hospitality

memphis

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jul 22, 2006
Messages
87
Reaction score
0
Location
Memphis, TN
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
southern_hospitality.jpg
 
Interesting dof bar shot... Would you mind telling me why you went for the drink glass out of focus.... I do a lot of still life and am curious.
 
it felt right ... they serve all the drinks in mason jars there...
 
Somehow the "tips" seem to be most important in "Southern Hospitality" then??? ;) ;) ;)

You don't HAPPEN to also have one photo with that colourful glass in focus????
 
I like the idea of this, and I think you were going for the mason jar (filled with mint julop? Sweet tea?) to be the focus of the pic? Like LaFoto said, it turns out that the tip jar is what becomes the focus...but also the very out-of-focus glass (candle holder?) in the foreground. Honestly, IMO, that is too out of focus and hard on the eyes. I don't mean to sound hyper-critical (especially since I make the foregrounds too blurry when I try these things as well), but if you can set the shot up again, I would recommend having a bit deeper DOF and making the foreground less blury, the mason jar in focus, and the tips jar slightly out of focus.

Just one man's 2 cents' worth.
 
The moral is, Tip your bartender... it was shot inside a bar -- not a mint julep - those are a kentucky drink - but the bar serves all their drinks in mason jars...

The candle was the primary light source
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom